X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martha, I am so sorry. Wise.

Comment

Martha,

I am terribly sorry to hear about your loss. We are all standing by to hear you whisper whenever you want to express your feelings!!!

We all love you
      Suzanne
      Suzanne

Comment

Martha , i realise words are inadequate , all i can do is express my deep regrets at your loss .
        dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .
        Every day I wake up is a good one .

Comment

Oh Martha, I am so sorry. I have no words, just arms that would hug you and an aching heart.

Comment

Martha,

I wish I had known you were going through this. Please know you can contact me anytime you need anything, and we are so sorry to hear about Julian.

Russ Byrd

Comment

Martha, I am sorry for your loss.
              Take care.

NANDA
              NANDA

Comment

Condolences from all the SCI-Nurses. We all loose something when we loose a member of our community like this. Martha, please come back and use us as a source of support when you are ready.

It might be helpful to include Julian's last name too so that any donations in his name to the Keck Center can be properly recognized.

(I also had a favorite cousin of my mother's who was a Julian...and a cardiologist at that).

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Martha, dammit, it just sucks. I am aching for you. Debra

Comment

Reading these posts has again proven to me what an incredible group of people make up this CareCure Community. Your kind thoughts and expressions are greatly appreciated. There have been many many times since Julian's injury that I know I would have gone insane without this outlet and the wonderful people that share and understand and allow us all to be ourselves. And there were many times when Julian had a problem and we were so lost not knowing what was wrong and what to do about it and yet someone on here always had the answer. The nurses and Dr. Young are amazing in their devotion to our plight and the sharing of information and support and experiences among the rest of the community has gotten me through many a frightening night. I'm ashamed now not to remember who it was (was it you, Kath?) that literally checked in here with me all night one night during one of his crises. Where else can you find that kind of support and friendship and love from someone you've never met? And whether you know it or not, each and every one of you have helped me and taught me during this journey, whether from reading your posts on this or the other forums. I thank you all for helping get us through this.

Someone asked if Julian's death was related to his SCI. I'm not a medical professional but I believe that it was because his system was already compromised from complications of his SCI. After 12 days in the hospital, they still have no idea what was wrong with him. He had every test you can name and was seen by virtually every medical discipline but pediatrics. They don't have an answer.

I love you all,
                    martha

Comment

Dearest Martha,

It's great to hear you whispering in our ears! We all here can comprehend very well what you have gone through, we are with you always...

Suzanne
                      Suzanne

Comment

Dear Martha,
                        I am so sorry to hear what happened. You are in my prayers.
                        Andrea
                        My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

Pediatrics? how did they miss that opportunity? Good job, Martha, you are hanging on to your marvelous sense of humor! Thank you for expressing so beautifully how you feel about those you have met on this site. I echo your sentiments and yes, Martha, I sat up and worried with you that night so long ago. I wasn't getting much sleep those days anyway.

Many of us know the pain of losing someone we love, but few know what it is to lose someone we love and have cared for so intimately, so completely and for as long as you have your Julian. I worry that you won't know what to do with your time, won't know what your role is, won't feel free to do the things you used to enjoy. I am sure you have been surrounded by family and friends, yet I wished I could be there to make a difference, to give you a hug and tell you how very sorry I am for your loss, for yours and Julians' suffering. He suffers no more. How I wish we could spare you any more pain. Rest easy, my friend, many people here care about you and we want you to remain a part of our lives. If I must I will come and remove that d... rock myself!
                          Kath

Comment

Here's another volunteer for the Rock Removal . . . thinking of you every day, Martha. Your posts two years ago helped bring me to claim this site as my own. You're linked to us where it counts.

k

Comment

So very sorry, my thoughts are with you,

Mary
                              1FineSpineRN

Comment

So sorry to hear about your loss, Martha. It always feels like we are loosing part of ourselves when we loose a loved one...

Hang in there...

k
                                [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]
                                http://www.tickercentral.com/view/2qot/2.png

http://www.geocities.com/krajaxa/fair05copy.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X