No announcement yet.

? Re Name of this Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moody, I'm sorry you feel this way. I don't think that was anyone's intent -- just a lively debate. And if any of my comments contributed to your feelings, please accept my sincere apologies. It was not intentional nor personal.

Comment

I've followed this topic and been amazed at the passion people express regarding the choice of a forum name. It made me realize something. When I came to carecure, I must not have felt safe posting on Life or other forums. Due to SCI demographics, they are male dominated, and were even more so 2 yrs. ago. I identified this as safe haven, even tho I have the SCI. I posted here when Christmas dinner burnt up, when my friend Patti died...I felt warmth and caring from you all. And you never treated me harshly or suggested I post somewhere appropriate. For that, I thank you. What a blessing to find a safe spot when you need it...

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by MoodyMcMoody:

I feel very hurt and attacked for my joining in on this conversation. I think it wasnt warrented, as I feel I was very open and held no hostility. I was just giving my personal feelings on this board, in no way attacking the support network some of you have created.
        I don't think anybody was attacking you, Moody. Like you, everyone was giving their personal feelings. Exchanging ideas is part of what CC is all about.

Comment

Moody - I'm sorry if you felt you were being ostracized here; that was not my intent, and I'm sure it was not the intent of the other posters.

You are welcome on this forum as you are on any other, in whatever capacity you wish to be seen in. We've got input here from all members of the community, and the door is open for you as well, if and when you should decide to visit here.

Jackie

PS - Sanctuary - hmmmm - I like that - maybe we should call the forum 'The Sanctuary'? [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

hey bethany, i was interested to read your last post on this thread. because i am the sister and sole caregiver for jim who is c 5-6 and tbi i have sometimes felt maybe i shouldn't post in LIFE or other departments. so, caregivers gave me a place to start feeling comfortable. i don't think it was the name of the department, just the warmth of the members and kind responses. so, bethany, see i'm not so crazy after all! others have had feelings like mine! i usually share with my brother if a hot topic evolves, since with his tbi he hasn't started posting yet. in fact, being the tough old broad that i am, i actually told myself that i joined to get him started and find peers he could join in with----yeah right! some of my closest friends are here at care-cure, they just don't know it. debra

Comment

Debra, I find it comforting in a way, when I read posts from family members, especially brothers and sisters of those who have had an injury. I have read messages from a few sisters (including yourself), with so much love and caring, eagerly trying to understand and seek information to help their sibling. The devotion to your brothers and sisters is amazing. It's funny in a way cuz when we are growing up, we nearly kill each other fighting, seeming to hate one another at times. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Im not really sure what point, if any, I am making here, but just wanted to say that I am truly touched when I see sisters (and brothers too) showing so much care and interest in helping their sibling get through this difficult time. I think some of this comes from my sisters not really showing interest in knowing whats going on with me, how I'm doing or even learning anything about SCI, when i was injured. I have a good relationship with my sisters, my younger sis helping me alot, but they (incl. my parents) do not really know much about my SCI or how I've dealt with it over the years.

Anyway, Just some thoughts. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

chick, you are so cool. and so right, my brother and i fought hard at times in our lives. i remember, in high scool, both brothers would try to make me walk behind them or avoid me entirely( this is pretty funny, considering our high school was only 300 people and everyone knew everyone else!) we were both good dancers and i would have to pay him to dance with me-he didn't like to get sweaty before he connected with a chick!! man do we laugh about that now. he has promised me the first dance now. and no i wasn't a dog , just a sister! i don't remember how many girls i had over for overnights so he could get to know them, and how many of his roomates i hit on! we were air force brats, moved around alot, great parents and now we are the only ones left so that may explain our relationship. plus, he is just so dam easy to be with, always ready with a smile. give your sister time, it seemed to come later that we realized how special each other is. i wonder if their avoidance could be not wanting to cause you pain or interfere with your independence. by the way, are you a counselor by trade? you sure have a way with words.

Comment

Debra, you are so funny! You had me literally "laughing out Loud"!! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. I always wanted a brother and your tales just reminded me of that. Im imagining you being made to PAY your brothers to dance with you! LOL
                  Seems like you guys have a pretty good deal goin on too with pimpin your friends out to each other [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Isn't it funny, that those silly things we do as kids are some of our most treasured memories? About the dog thing.... My younger sister swears I used to make her bark like a dog under duress. I plead the 5th, because I do NOT remember that!

You know, I get along with both my sisters (I'm the terrible middle child), my younger sis helping me when I need. She's been great. I don't think anyone in my family was really able to relate to the situsation and in many ways, my sisters removed themselves from it. It's when I came to the point where I decided that I needed to accept the fact that they (family) were not going to understand- not that they didn't want to, but because they just couldn't or didn't- that the relationships became more tempered and a bit less stressful.

Anyway, Thanks for the laughs. Your brother sounds pretty cool. You are pretty cool yourself [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]. I'm sure that you will have a beutiful dance. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ps. I still need to redeam my chocolat chip cookie with macademia nuts if I'm ever in your neck of the woods. BTW, make that with a nice hot cup of your famous coffee! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The CareGiver Forum in my opinion should keep the name and not have it changed to anything else.

PN
                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                    ––Paul Nussbaum
                    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X