Kate's On Line Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruce
    Kate, you will have to point this guy out to me .. I'll show him where it really matters .. out there on the croquet pitch, his a** is grass
    Ah, honey, I didn't feel good about telling this story to you.

He's just a run of the mill dick, no worries. I over-reacted.

Comment

Woohoo, Bruce-Open up a can of that Magic Walkin-Quad Whupass and spray it all OVER that croquet pitch!

SCI-Mom-Thanks.
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

You go Bruce. If you don't beat him, ask him to pull your finger. How could he turn down such a request from a poor ole disabled dude? I mean really, quads can't FART can they?

(that was just for you Bethany ... that thread will live in infamy for me as it made me laugh harder than just about anything else on CC!)
        Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Cheese ~ outstanding story, very well written. Kudos to your entire family concerning your son's progress.

And yes..I do remember the lashings..

And for future reference as a baseball player for 9yrs, an umpire for 3 and a coach for 2 my comeback to the guy in the stands would've been something like; "oh really Abner Doubleday, and what major league team did you play for?" in your most sarcastic tone..

That'll work, guaranteed.

Comment

Chris - you super hot in that photo .... but honestly I like the one with you in your chair and your dog. What do you gals think?

Comment

Thanks Chris~
              I agree with Ziglla, back to the doggie picture my friend.
              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Chris w/ the canines, for sure.
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Thx for the input ladies. Pups it will be. I'll change it tonight.

Comment

Chris,
                    and where are you? (in the pic. that is)

ok, back to why I'm really here...
                    I've put the chair behind, I've realised that my husband will never shave again (and he won't let me do it) he looks like a prehistoric cave man. He stopped brushing his teeth, since it just takes to long...excuses excuses.... he started smoking, whish make him and his clothes and everything around him smell like a well used ash tray- belive me he will never quit, unless he gets pneumonia and dies. But I've put all that behind and I just want to move on, but I need to be held every now and then, when I give him a hug I like to be hugged back and when I put my lips against his I like for him to kiss me back. Seriously, I will be the one and only person in this universe filing for divorce just because my husband refuses to brush his teeth and kiss me with a clean mouth. Please no jokes, this is a huge problem for me. My husband is very smart and he has said himself that he knows that there is no excuses for not brushing his teeth, still he won't do it.

Comment

AKO .... wow ..... not even doing basic hygiene is a huge red flag of a serious problem. But you already knew that eh? Perhaps you could make an appt with psychiatrist or counselor for YOU to have someone to talk through your emotions. As we all know, no one will change unless that person wants to change. You can't make him change .... sigh.

How long has he been injured? How long since he's stopped taking care of himself? Have you talked to his doctor about it?

No answers from me, just some hugs....

Ami

Comment

AKO: Ditto on the hugs from Ami. I hope this logjam breaks up for you--and for him. I'm sorry you have to deal with this; bad smells are a very emotional thing.

Can you/do you compensate in some way, like keeping good-smelling things in your environment...spices, scented candles, etc.? It doesn't change the core situation, which is more personal, but maybe it can give some relief.

Roshni--if you're still reading here, I got Tori Amos' Little Earthquakes, finally had time to listen to it in the kitchen, and it is so ni-i-i-i-i-i-i-ce! Thanks!

It's a big deal for those of us who are caregiving to find some pleasure in small day-to-day things...sounds, smells, sights, tastes, talks...hugs. Hopes. (And sometimes a good vent, eh?)

Good day, everyone!

Tana

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyg
                          It's a big deal for those of us who are caregiving to find some pleasure in small day-to-day things...sounds, smells, sights, tastes, talks...hugs. Hopes.
                          Bobby G,

I loved what you said. At the end of the day, when you take a census of your senses, hopefully you'll be uplifted by the little heavenly moments.

By the way, I am so delighted that you're enjoying Tori.

Comment

OK, Chris C, forever the smartie pants? I looked at the avatar for the first time, having just jumped back into this thread. Thanks for the laugh.

Candles, music, relaxation...it all sounds good, where do I sign up.

A bit of a jump here but are any Caregivers planning on making it to DC this year? Lil'Sis was there last year as well as a few others. Your voices need to be hear, they have a powerful impact. It may seem impossible (the trip) but give it some thought, you add so much to the united voice for CURE, CARE and Unity.
                            Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

I know I can't change him, he'll have to do it himself. but there is no excuse for not picking up the electric toothbrush and put it into your mouth. This weekend we found some other things out and well there is more, I will come back with our family circus later...

what is DC all about? we live about 3 hours from there so a trip to DC is not whithout reach.

Comment

Cheesecake,
                                I was wanting to go to DC but Jim said he didn't want to! I pressed a little bit for a reason but he didn't fess up, so I'm not sure why. Maybe HE needs a personal call? But if anyone is traveling through Madison we would be more than happy to provide free B&B and PCA services here as you go on your journey since we are now living in an accessable house. Jim does go to the Cure forum here but I think the antagonistic jousting puts him off. Deb

Comment

Working...
                                X