Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese said, "I felt less afraid and calmer."

That's going to make my week![img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Russ, Russ, inquiring minds want to know, truly, have you no pipe stories to share for the good of the order? Welcome back!

Comment

Cheesecake~

Bless your heart!

Vicky

"Be kind...for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
      ~Philo of Alexandria

Comment

CC, I remamber those nights in the steamy bathroom with a sick kid - scary!

Comment

I screwed up my last post-only got the last sentance! Of course all the incendiary stuff was omitted, probably the cia or fbi...all that pipe talk! My husband, Alan, is aghast that we are joking around about this, which sends me into the giggles.
          Jim and I are hooked on the TV show "American Dreams", tonight I was just bawling, the son, JJ, was on his way to war in Viet Nam. It was done very well. Oh those times in the '60's and '70's. At the same time I was demonstrating against the war, I was working in a VA hospital, it was so hard. And I find that the present 'conflict' again puts me in turmoil. I am so against the war, but also want to support the people sent there. I do feel it was worse with Viet Nam, so many guys were so young and many didn't have a good alternative with the draft in effect. Anyway, it's a good show, all the good old songs from Bandstand.
          I really like the idea of posting pictures, including Martha's rapscallion puppies! Does anyone know how to go about it? We do have a digital camera. And just to warn you, I am pretty computer illiterate. One thing we used to do at work was to anonymously put up pictures from childhood and try to guess who was who, it was pretty funny, course it would really be a hoot for us, since we don't have a clue on what each other looks like now.
          Jim has another bad toe, he has had alot of ingrown toenail problems, in fact he only has 4 toenails left. I guess we'll be going to the podiatrist this week. Because he's type 1, brittle diabetic, I worry about his feet. But then I worry about worrying! Or not worrying....another brownie please.
          Cheesecake, glad we were able to be there for you! You do know that housecalls are much more expensive don't you? Debra

Comment

Martha, Kate & Jackie....& everyone else:&gt[img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
            Wow, my life seems so calm these days compared to some of your stories. Steve is doing great....especially improving in the mental dept. He recently posted a question to Dr Young in the Care site (as TxSteve) and as a result then made his own arrangements to have the doc schedule an MRI based on the response he received. Maybe we can at least make sure nothing bad is going on to cause his foot and hand pain.

Oh, we have purchased a lot here in Houston facing a small spring fed lake. I will provide a link to the type of house I want to build. It has no need for interior load bearing walls, so lots of wide open space which is what we need.

www.monolithicdome.com

Russ Byrd

Comment

Russ that's great news about Steve! Good luck on the MRI and finding out what is causing his pain.

Visited the site you posted -- looks like a great idea for accessibility as well as all the other advantages they list.

Glad everything is going well but you know you can post when things are good too! You don't have to be like me and wait till you need to bitch and moan. [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Russ! Good to hear from ya! I ditto what Martha said! The dome looks awesome!

Comment

Martha, maybe it was the 'accident' that happened today while Jim was in therapy, but did you realize
                  Bitch and Moan:Bm
                  Well I guess we know where my head is tonite! When it rains, it pours. Debra

Comment

Martha~ Did you get hubbie to a doctor today? Please keep us posted.

Russ~ How wonderful to see you post again. I love to see that Steve is doing well. The dome is amazing. Me, I need walls to break the speed of my 5 year old!

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

I looked but didn't see the cardboard version we had to build when I was in High school. Something to do with geometry. I had no idea you could actually build one to last past the grading period.
                      Kath

Comment

Hi, all - There's now a 'post your favorite recipe' topic in the "Members Forum"!

Actually started some Christmas shopping yesterday, found a very cool shop that imports things from Bali/Thailand area, neat stuff and very good prices!

And -she says, crossing her fingers - looks like the Jersey house closing will go thru on the 15th, barring any last minute glitches. Boy will I be glad to have that done with!

Found a neuropsych for Matt, seems pretty good; he's retesting him and will base his cognitive rehab on his findings. Matt likes him, so it's all good.

OUr aide is off today taking a test for a nursing program at one of the local hospitals; if she passes, she'll start school either in Sept. 2004 or 05; sigh - wimper. I have such mixed feelings - I absolutely wish her the best, but don't want to lose her!

Comment

HI everybody:
                          I am a little sad today... I did not make it in school, I will have to wait until next year, study harder and get some help, It seems that the people who got in had more than I did(none), on the other hand my brother graduated from HIgh school htis past saturday It was a very full of different feelings together( happiness, joy, rage, sadness) it was his prom night and he could not dance and party with his friends, but he was very happy he could actually be alive and be there, that make it easier to all of us and we had a good time, his friends were so nice to him his teachers and everybody in school had nothing but nice words and compliments on his recovery and his spirit to overcome the adverse situations... [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]That was nice..
                          Christmas... I have to start shopping, things here are a little different, we are making the house this weekend.. and well I am going to try my best to make it a nice December...
                          TAke care all
                          For food on those days (christmas and New years eve ) we make some activities before the night of christmas eve tht we call" Novenas" those are some reunions usually with most of the family members and friends, one day here another in someone else s house, etc it is at night and we pray and sing ( and eat too much all types of homemade tarts??and stuff) I dont know how to translate these... I will try to write the recipe so maybe some of you will try them ( they are good)for the little baby Jesus to come. These events are between 16-24 of December. He is born the 24 at midnight we celebrate that day...
                          Well talk to you guys soon.
                          Best wishes for everybody.
                          Jackie...did you receice mi e-mail??

NANDA
                          NANDA

Comment

Hi, Nanda - I was just thinking of you the other day! Yes, I received you email; I've sent inquiries, but it may have to wait til the new year, as everyone is busy with the holidays, and time off!

I know the feelings of being happy and sad at the same time; it was great that your brother got to go to his prom, and I'm glad his friends are being supportive. And I'm so sorry you missed out on school; but there's always a next time! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've heard of the custom of visiting friends and familys' houses on the night before Christmas eve - it was in Mexico that I heard it. It's a beautiful custom, and I wish we had one here like it! It's an American/English custom to go 'caroling' at Christmastime; groups of people stop in front of folks houses, or they go to the hospitals and nursing homes, and sing carols. The tradition is to get invited in for a 'wassail cup', which is a spiked punch - just to keep folks warm, of course!

Are the tarts you're referring to 'empanitas'? Or tamale? I would love any recipes you'd like to share with us; I've just opened a topic in the 'Members' forum, look here, for folks to share recipes. Do you have other 'special' food you prepare at Christmas? Or for the New Year's?

Gotta run, just realized dinner's burning!

Comment

Marmalady, my mother's jewel of a PCA is also taking college prep classes for nursing. I am like you...very torn! As a nurse, I know we need so many more people to choose nursing as a career, and she will be great at it, but at the same time I hate to think about loosing her as a PCA for my mom. Oh well....worry about that later as she is currently only able to take one course at a time due to her full time CNA job and working for my mom.

(KLD)
                              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Cheesecake...I hope your five year old is feeling better.

Jackie, I will check out the recipe forum..Is a great idea. I brought a Turducken (Turkey with a duck and chicken stuffed inside with the dressing) to my family's Thanksgiving dinner this year. I won't be adding this recipe to the forum. It was way too traumatic to cook. And the screaming was really horrible and prompted the neighbors to complain. Maybe next time I will not stuff the birds while they are still alive :&gt[img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Steve had his MRI today and then we went to the doc to make sure his Baclofen pump was still running.

Russ Byrd

Comment

Working...
                                X