Care Givers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care Givers

Who is your primary care giver? Are you satisfied with this arrangement?
    What would you do differently?
    Parent(s)
    0.00%
    Spouse
    0.00%
    Other relative
    0.00%
    Personally paid care giver
    0.00%
    Financially assisted care giver
    100.00%
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I answered personally paid caregiver. I interviewed about 10 people and she is wonderful. Not only does she help me but she also keeps my house clean. Don't know what I would do without her.

Deb
    "Save the last dance for me!"

Comment

What little assistance I need

I am fiercely independent and only ask my spouse to help me get my pants up and down. She does, however, do most of the cooking and cleaning. Not because I cannot but because she does not like the way I clean and she thinks my best cooking is done on the BBQ. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"And so it begins."
      "And so it begins."

Comment

redneck, good poll. bumping up. Let me see if I can put this at the top for a week to get more responses. Wise.

Comment

ME !

Redneck , i live by myself . the only improvement i can think of would be a nymphomaniac attractive lady to pander to my every need . [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

dogger
          Every day I wake up is a good one .

Comment

Many people use a combination of the above. I would include "significant other" under spouse as well.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Parent and financially assisted caregiver(s.)
              Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

care givers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Redneck:

Who is your primary care giver? Are you satisfied with this arrangement?
                my insurance pays for my aids.

Comment

Care Givers

Dogger: You're my kinda guy. To KLD, you're correct, SO should have been a category. I'm suprised that only 15 folks have responded to this poll. S---t, Most of us, except Dogger, have care givers. Let's get with it and post your reply. I'll tabulate the data and post. Forgivbe any typos, it's th4e second martini of the evening. Redneck.
                  You C.A.N.
                  Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Hopefully, we will get more people responding to this poll. At least, as of today, we have 31 votes. It is interesting that the category with the mostest is spouse. Incidentally, I am moving this poll to the caregiver's forum. Wise.

Comment

Here's a link to a similar poll we had here a while ago:

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10456

Comment

Care Givers

My spouse is my primary, and thus far, only care giver. I just passed the first anniversary of my motorcycle crash (Nov. 6). I don't know how much longer my wife can physically do the chores associated with my daily care. We're in our mid 60s, and I am becoming a real chunk to move around. Yes, I know, a diet is in order, and I'm trying. Being new to this situation (SCI) my assumption is that the higher the injury level the more important care giving becomes. I am a para, and most of the aid I need is with bowel care, showering and dressing. My wife also gives me a daily stretching routine. I volunteer my services twice a week to give my wife some time off and way from me. After 42 years, we don't have to be physically together to be together. I hope more of you partcipate in the poll so we can get good data.
                        You C.A.N.
                        Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

I don't know how to answer!

My husband is c6 incomplete, independent, about 20 months post. We had a series of helpers from an agency for the first few weeks after the hospital, and then I helped with things like transfers, ROM, opening pill bottles, whatever, until he gradually picked it all back up for himself. Today he doesn't want or need any "caregiving". So I guess the box I'd check is "none".

Comment

caregiver

None of the above for hubby (t10). He has been independent for past year (he is year and half since injury). We do have couple of people coming to our house. One mostly cleans and cooks and takes him for his appts, the other strictly helps him excercise. The system seems to work for now, that way we get to spend time together in the evenings (I work 8-5) and do things we like to do.

[img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
                            http://www.tickercentral.com/view/2qot/2.png

http://www.geocities.com/krajaxa/fair05copy.jpg

Comment

Care Givers

Krajaxa, are the folks who come in to cook, clean, drive and exercise paid? If so, by whom? Many of us are independent except for a few ADLs. It would be good for all of us to learn how the others are getting along and with how much assistance. If you haven't, I think you could vote in one of the categories. Thanks alot.
                              You C.A.N.
                              Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Working...
                              X