Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his insurance and Dr.

Dear All:

His insurance only pays $2,000/month for DB. The rest is is for medical, equipment, nursing, and education expences. There lare limits for each benefit. I have writen a two page letter to his Dr. requesting his phone number, last name, and gave her all the information that you kindly recommended. I hope she follows up on this. The poor boy does not know his rights. Hopefully one of his friends, family members, or Drs will help him. His mother keeps moving him every 6 months to avoid any gov. agencies. They go back and forth across state lines. His mother wants him in a nursing home so she can collect his DB money.

Cheers;

jjg,
    Jake's Pop

Comment

This young man has been on my mind since I read your post, dam I hate when a parent abuses a kid. So I did a little investigating. Giambjj, here is the link to Alabama's Adult Protective Services. I do hope you don't mind and may already have this info, if so forget this post.

http://www.dhr.state.al.us/page.asp?pageid=274

Click on fequently asked questions, APS facts for all the info on reporting the abuse including the hotline number. Lets hope he is already in the system and an investigation already begun.

Comment

Originally posted by giambjj
        His LPNs (same as my sons) told the HHC owner (same as my sons) and case manager. The provider is happy getting the business and does not want to anger the mother. The case manager (the same as my son) is incompetent. I hope the Dr. (same as my son) will follow up on him or provide me his new phone number. The Dr. knows why he got such a large pressure and his situation. I can do nothing since I do not know how to contact him.

JJG
        You do not need to wait for others to report abuse or suspected abuse. Call Adult Protective Services YOURSELF. Do it anonymously. Let APS know the name of the provider for his PCAs if you do not know how to contact him directly.

Tell them what you have told us.

To do nothing and expect others to help contributes to a conspiracy of slience. Many people are afraid to speak up. Many want someone else to do it.

You do not have to be a doctor, nurse or other medical professional to report abuse or suspected abuse. You just have to care.

Comment

Originally posted by giambjj
          Dear All:

His insurance only pays $2,000/month for DB. The rest is is for medical, equipment, nursing, and education expences. There lare limits for each benefit. I have writen a two page letter to his Dr. requesting his phone number, last name, and gave her all the information that you kindly recommended. I hope she follows up on this. The poor boy does not know his rights. Hopefully one of his friends, family members, or Drs will help him. His mother keeps moving him every 6 months to avoid any gov. agencies. They go back and forth across state lines. His mother wants him in a nursing home so she can collect his DB money.

Cheers;

jjg,
          The doctor will not give you his name. That's against the law.

Contact APS and your area's ILC. Alert them to what is happening.

Comment

young man

He is now living in GA. Don't know where. If I had his last name I could track him down. He is no longer using the same HHC as my son. I will give the Dr. 2 weeks than I will call her.

Thanks;

JJG
            Jake's Pop

Comment

It sounds like the reason YOU aren;t reporting it, but hoping someone else will, is that you don;t know his last name? It sounds like he went to school with your son. Is you son in contact with any classmates who might remember his last name? Or could you search the newspaper reports from the time it happened? Many of them have on line archives. Your son is a senior this year, is he on FACEBOOK or the like? The other boy probably isn;t, would doubt he even HAS a computer, but a friend of a friend of a friend probably knows his name. Your son doesn;t have to say why he wants to know .... just that he wants to get in touch with the other kid who was hurt back then.
              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

poor boy

The boy went to a school about 20 miles from my son and they were not the same age. I only know about him from the same Dr., same case manager, and same nurses that my son use. Everyone is afraid of giving me his name, because of the Hippa rules. His mother is a nurse and she could prosecute any of them. They could lose their jobs. It would be more difficult to prosecute the mother for abuse or neglect. In the south the mother is always right. I know that from a prior divorce. I see my kids more then she does now, because they are adults.

Sorry;

JJG
                Jake's Pop

Comment

That is why I think you need to find his name from another source, old newspapers, or such.
                  T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Giambjj, I can understand your hesitation but as others have said already you don't have to wait. I would start by reporting the Doctor, if she has known about this going on and has not reported it then she is neglegent. That should start things rolling no matter where his mother has dragged him. To keep waiting, even two weeks, is just prolonging the proble,.

Comment

you can also request that the dr give HIM your name and ask him to call YOU...seeing as how you've requested it, it's not a violation of HIPPA to give him your info. As someone else already mentioned, you know where/when he had his accident, it's probably on the files there...plus the legal settlement should be in public records.
                      'Chelle
                      L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

his phone number

The Dr gave it to me some years ago. However, they keep moving and the number had been disconnected. At that time I did not know about his many troubles. Since I do know know when he was injured it will be hard to find it in the newspaper. we live in different states and they keep moving, so it will be hard to track them down. The Dr. may not even know where they live now? I will try to stick with it for awhile.

Thanks for your advice.

JJG
                        Jake's Pop

Comment

why after all these years...are you now so concerned? I don't get it? A simple phone call years ago...would have saved this young man...and why do you still have the same agency and case manager that don't seem to know what they are doing...and this young man's mother is a nurse? I'm so sorry to sound so critical but these sounds like bs to me...yeah, I cry sometimes too...friggen sci

Comment

Working...
                          X