No announcement yet.

Caregiver In California

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Caregiver In California

    I am looking for someone to assist me for a few days in Santa Rosa, CA in July. I have MS and need help w/transfers, dressing... I am looking at July 6-9th. If anyone knows someone I could hire, please let me know.

    Thanks so much,

  • #2
    You are unlikely to find anyone here as mostly there are family caregivers here. You can do one or all of the following:
    • Contact a Home Health Agency in that area and inquire about private rates for a HHA or LVN to help you with your care (depending on what you need done). You can find agencies via the Yellow Pages. You may need a CA physician's order for some things.
    • Contact the local ILC and see if they have a list of PCAs looking for temporary work. You would have to interview and arrange hours and pay with the PCA via phone or e-mail.
    • Post an ad in the Santa Rosa area Craig's List.
    • Take your current PCA with you and pay for their travel expenses.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.


    • #3
      Thank you for your reply.