No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Caregiver

    I've been a C5-6 for almost 30 years, I used to live in MN where caregivers are paid for by the state of MN. Now I live in WA and would like to know if anyone knows how I can have my husband get paid for being my caregiver. He hasn't been able to work since we've been married as there are times when he's been needed here to help me, in daily accidents in one form or another. Thank you for listening!
    Last edited by REDSWHEELZ; 04-27-2008, 12:28 AM.

  • #2
    Every state is different. Some allow family members to be paid to provide care, while others do not. Your best bet would be to get in touch with the ILC (Independent Living Center) closest to your new home and find out what you are eligible for in WA, if this is allowed, and how to apply.

    You can get a list of ILCs here:

    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.


    • #3
      My Boyfriend has a program thats paid for by midicaid thats called EDS. It pays for someone to take care of him 8 hours a day 7 days a week and it pays $10 an hour. I dont know for sure what EDS stands for, sorry. maybe they have it were you live.
      Last edited by DLane; 05-29-2008, 01:41 PM.