Suppository insertion tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppository insertion tips

My PCA only dips the tip of my magic bullet suppository in lubrication then inserts it into my anus. I think this is contributing to my hemorrhoid flare-ups and spots of blood. He says more lubrication makes it too hard to hold on to suppose and insert. Any ideas on how I can get more lube involved yet still make it easy for him. Also, is it a good idea to use a hemorrhoidal suppository if there is some blood, thanks

What I do

What I do w/my husband (C6-7) is I squeeze a generous amount of KY onto my finger (gloved of course) and then on his bottom. Then there's plenty right where I need it for the insertion of the magic bullet.

Comment

If you are really irritated you can use KY jelly but it can take longer for the suppository to start working.
      The best way is to use nothing-keep at room temperature for whie before inserting, or put a little hot water on it. Suppositories are made out of a substance that can

CWO
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

thanks for the ideas!

Comment

Working...
        X