To rub or not to rub, that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To rub or not to rub, that is the question

For some unkown reason, pressure from something is causing red spots on my spine that remain for a few days. If I remember correctly, I have read that it is better to rub cream/lotion around the sore rather than on the sore. Is this accurate?
    On a side note, the cream I use is a mixture of aloe, tea tree oil, and emu oil. Is this good for red spots?

Aloe & tea tree oil are ok. I have never heard of emu oil- isn't an emu an animal???
    It is okay to apply lotion directy on the red spots on your back- dont rub red spots in your calves/legs as these may be blood clots and could be dislodged. and travel to the lungs.

CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
    X