Effectiveness of Incontinence Drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effectiveness of Incontinence Drugs

Is their a relationship between level of injury and the effectives of Incontinence drugs?

I tried Ditropan XL and some other drug a few years after injury and they didn't do a thing. I'm a T8-T10.

Guards/Pads are pretty effective for me but can be a pain.

I tried one and all it did was cause backpain for me. They don't seem to do much for me yet many here have success with them.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Probably has to do with the type of urinary incontinence you are experiencing, urge, stress, overflow or some kind of mixed incontinence.
      Daniel

Comment

stress incontinence; laughing, coughing, lifting heavy things, bending over

I find not having a full tummy and keeping the beer belly small helps

Comment

THe drugs do work better for some than others. Level of Injury determines the type of neurogenic bladder that you have and the treatment. T8-10 can sometimes be a bit challenging because you may have a combination of upper and lower motor neuron bladder.
          CKF
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
          X