Tachycardia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tachycardia

Hi i'm 15 years old and i have always had a rapid heartbeat but less than 100 bpm. In the last few days i became overly worried about my physical that i will be getting in order to play football. My worry was that the doctor would say that i had a heart problem. Ever since then my heart rate has increased, to the point where last night my mom took me to the ER. At the Er they did 2 tests, they took blood to check my thryoid levels and then they did an EKG. They said both looked normal and to just follow up with my regular physician which i will be seeing tommorow. I am so worried to the point where i will think i'm having a heart attack!! its crazy but i cant get it off my head. I have shortness of breath sometimes but then again i have always kind of had that. I also have palpitations every once in a while and lightheadedness somebody please reply and give me some info.

Spencer,
    Your story sounds ALOT like mine. I started a thread in the care forum titled "heart related" if you'd like to read it. I think you might suffer from the same thing I do and thats anxiety. Anytime you worry about your heart your symptoms will definetly increase! I have also had all tests done too

~Jennifer

Comment

Maybe your tach is having to do with anxiety? Usually mine is (or asthma treatment medication).
      - Moody

Comment

Spencer ... I'm going to move your thread to the Care forum. I believe you will get more response to your question there! Welcome to CC by the way!!

Obieone [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]
        ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
        Jane Siberry

Comment

Working...
        X