No announcement yet.

What's your weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got weighed today. I was a 6'1 17 year old when I had my accident and I weighed about 170 then. After the accident I got down to almost 130. Now after 5 years, I am 160 pounds. I also think I might have grown an inch or two.

Comment

Was 145, now I'm 125. About 5'8".

I have met the dragon. . .

www.micksluck.com
      I have met the dragon. . .

www.micksluck.com

Comment

T10 incomplete since 1996 - not sure exactly but i think i weigh btw 180-190. Need to get back into gym as soon as i'm rid of this cold/flu

Comment

I am 5'7" and C6/C7 incomplete.

Pre SCI the most I ever weighed was 190.

I started working out and eating better and got down to 165. I stayed there until my accident.

After ICU they were excited that I had a good appitite and encouraged me to eat. Unfortunatly they didn't tell me to slow down when I got home and Ben and Jerry's Half Baked was the only thing that seemed to make life bearable for a while. I have changed my eating habits and am being more active now. At my last weigh in I was 194. I am trying to do something about it.

jOE
          jOE
          www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

Varian,
            I am so JEALOUS!! You have abs. I am T6 complete, had about the same % bodyfat....but am now dealing with the stomach "pooch". I am trying very hard to reactivate my abs.

How far down is your sensation line?

Comment

You guys are crazy. Those aren't hot pics by no means. But thanks.

Yeah I am a T5 I don't have control over my abs either. Funny how i still have a 6 pack. I do however have the middle right ab with semifunction. Which does help.
              My sensation line on the skin dies off 1 inch below the chest. Deep pressure sensation ends a little below my belly button.

I would post pictures of my legs now. But I dont' want to scare anyone.

Comment

Varian, you may indeed have a "six pack ab", but I've developed a "beer keg ab"!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen:

Originally posted by Sam:

Are you anorexic or bulimic or both?
                  And is expressing a bitter attitude toward people you don't know and who've done you no harm how you purge yourself of your (self) anger?
                  Thank you Stephen for saying that because if you hadn't I would have!!!

Sam~first you don't even know me! I eat more than all of my friends and cannot seem to gain weight anymore. Not that I have to explain myself to you! Grow up

http://filbs.friendpages.com

I want it all, I want the fairytale~Pretty Woman
                  I want it all, I want the fairytale~Pretty Woman

Comment

Seems Sam simply asked a legitimate question [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

However, the over-reaction appears to be pretty telling.

Comment

Wow, great stomach Varian, you are about a year post, right? If my memory serves I think my midsection continued to expand as the muscles deteriorated beyond a year also, so you may be still on that process. Of course my expanding midsection included just getting fat also, so this theory may not be too valid, but I thought I would throw it out there. Anyhoo, my stats are...6'3", 185 pre-SCI; 148 after leaving the hospital to go to rehab; last weigh-in says 250 (6 months ago, and I'm not weighing again, too scary to find out how much more weight a newer measure will reveal).

Comment

Last time I was 85-95 lbs I was in grade school. filbs0602, after seeing your pictures, it's obvious your fake breasts take up 1/3 of your body weight. This is not healthy. I would not be surprised if you were a member of a pro-ana site. The horrendous amount of photos you post on this site shows you are looking for validation from others on the way you look. You seem to be someone obsessed w/ her looks: plastic surgery, tanning bed, over done hair/makeup, etc. On the flip side, despite trying to look perfect, you have low self esteem because you're always whining about not having a significant other. You are pretty, but appear to be trying too hard. More plastic than person.

You're right, I don't know you, but I've seen and read what you post and this is my impression. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen:

Originally posted by Sam:

Are you anorexic or bulimic or both?
                          And is expressing a bitter attitude toward people you don't know and who've done you no harm how you purge yourself of your (self) anger?

What does my comment have to do with you? You seem to be playing the good guy. I hope it makes you feel like a better person.

Comment

OK. That is enough for personal attacks. I will lock this message if it continues.

(KLD)
                            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Filbs, I have friends with your same level of injury who have trouble gaining weight, so don't feel like you have to defend yourself. People think that the minute they suffer an SCI, they become an expert on all types of injuries and the effect they have on the body.

And Varian, you are very lucky that you've managed to keep your six pack. I'll have to take notes on how to keep so toned. You look great!

www.warpedtour.com

Comment

sam...what is your injury level, weight? i too know several people that are high quads that don't weigh over 100 lbs. how did you become an expert on an injury level that is possibly different from yours? why the personal attack on filbs because of her pics? so what, if she has alot....this means that she stays busy regardless of her injury. this doesn't promote low self esteem....i have a few pics. too and will be adding more. does this mean that i have low self esteem too? you would give dr. phil 'a run for his money'.....same weight pre and post, but vertically challenged on height..c6,7.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Working...
                                X