This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunker
    Wow, what is a good link for purchase? BTW if it is not a pill or liquid, how is it terrible?
    She means the liquid tastes terrible, go for the pills.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Thanxs Joe.

Comment

Do I really write that bad? I am soon loosing my self-esteem and stop writing if you don't understand what I write.
        TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe
          Do I really write that bad? I am soon loosing my self-esteem and stop writing if you don't understand what I write.
          Hi WFE,

Hey, WFE almost spells wife. Be careful!

But no, you write very well and can be easily understood. It's just that this thread has been... has gone, a bit crazy. Please don't lose your self-esteem and stop writing on account of this discussion. There are plenty of other reasons for us to lose our self-esteem and desire to write over! Trust me, I know.

Sorry that you're having problems over there. You seem like such a nice lady. I guess some people just can't tolerate Hiprex and cranberries. Peeing our pants isn't very much fun no matter where we live.

I wish you were able to see a SCI doctor (physiatrist) or SCI urologist over there in Norway. They're hard to find in lot of places since SCI isn't a very popular injury. Can't Leif help you find a good doctor or does he live too far away from you?

Take care of yourself W,

Bob.

PS. My retired racetrack greyhound would love to chase your kitty around!
          "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Hi B,
            I agree with Bob, that you write very well.
            Remember when we told you before, how well your writing comes through here and how many of us really enjoy what you have to share. There's a lot of us who have lots to say, mostly saying the same ol stuff, and not always saying it good and we's sposed to know the language! But you usually give us something that comes from an experience and perspective much different from most of us here, so you should continue to share as you have. It's good to see that you've been writing more lately. I think that many here appreciate what you write, because even tho it may come from a different place, there are many things people can relate to in many ways, and share understanding - not only re sci, but as a mother, and even a lover of cats!

Oh, btw, I bet you've tried a lot of stuff trying to deal with UTI's. You've been sci'd a long time, so there's a lot for others to learn from your experiences.

Decaf - recipie? Wash hands and Drink water! And don't obsess.

Comment

Originally posted by chick
              Hi B,
              I agree with Bob, that you write very well.
              Remember when we told you before, how well your writing comes through here and how many of us really enjoy what you have to share. There's a lot of us who have lots to say, mostly saying the same ol stuff, and not always saying it good and we's sposed to know the language! But you usually give us something that comes from an experience and perspective much different from most of us here, so you should continue to share as you have. It's good to see that you've been writing more lately. I think that many here appreciate what you write, because even tho it may come from a different place, there are many things people can relate to in many ways, and share understanding - not only re sci, but as a mother, and even a lover of cats!

Oh, btw, I bet you've tried a lot of stuff trying to deal with UTI's. You've been sci'd a long time, so there's a lot for others to learn from your experiences.

Decaf - recipie? Wash hands and Drink water! And don't obsess.
              Saying it well, and it's recipe.
              And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Your English is great, silly goose! It's just that many Americans impair their brain function on Saturday night, it's party night.
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

LOL, it is partytime in Norway, too. But I hate to drink alone so I am sober.
                  TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

I have aways wanted to visit Norway.
                    This is an international forum and we are glad to hear from everyone, unfortunately our help is limited in other countries but we try. No one needs to worry about perfect spelling, grammar or typing on this forum- just try your best & people will ask if they don't quite understand the question or response. Politeness is appreciated.

CWO
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

No your English is very good! I am always impressed when members from other countries post here in English. (Well, non ENglish speaking countries I mean.) If I had to post in another language, I would be in a lot of trouble!
                      T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz

2 Uroquid Acid (50/50) x2 daily (morning and bedtime)
                        2 Green Source multivitamins x2 daily (morning and bedtime)
                        2 CVS Brand Max Cranberry x2 daily (morning and bedtime)
                        1 1000 mg time release Vitamin C (morning)

if i were to try this would taking a daily antibiotic interfere??
                        T-7 Complete
                        "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Comment

It could, depending on the antibiotic. Why are you taking a routine antibiotic? This is generally NOT recommended for those with SCI as it invariably leads to developing a bad resistant strain of bacteria and does not assure prevention of antibiotics. Did your urologist put you on this? Are they an expert in SCI or neurologic urology?

(KLD)
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
                            It could, depending on the antibiotic. Why are you taking a routine antibiotic? This is generally NOT recommended for those with SCI as it invariably leads to developing a bad resistant strain of bacteria and does not assure prevention of antibiotics. Did your urologist put you on this? Are they an expert in SCI or neurologic urology?

(KLD)
                            no he is not. I live in a smaller city and charlotte is the closest place to have an expert urologist for SCI's. I was having such a bad case of uti's i have had 15 in the past nine months. so you think if i were to stop taking the antibiotic and try lots of cranberry and vitamins i should be ok?
                            T-7 Complete
                            "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Comment

Originally posted by Seenkid101
                              no he is not. I live in a smaller city and charlotte is the closest place to have an expert urologist for SCI's. I was having such a bad case of uti's i have had 15 in the past nine months. so you think if i were to stop taking the antibiotic and try lots of cranberry and vitamins i should be ok?
                              15 in the past 9 mo. is a lot. I think you may need to consider your cath method/technique as well, esp. if the freq. of uti's suddenly changed 9 months ago. Also, to help identify possible causes, you need to look at what other changes occurred around this time. Even if no direct cause, there may be precipitating factors. Sometimes, just changing your regular routine (not one better or worse) could contribute to making one more susceptible to infections.

Comment

Originally posted by chick
                                15 in the past 9 mo. is a lot. I think you may need to consider your cath method/technique as well, esp. if the freq. of uti's suddenly changed 9 months ago. Also, to help identify possible causes, you need to look at what other changes occurred around this time. Even if no direct cause, there may be precipitating factors. Sometimes, just changing your regular routine (not one better or worse) could contribute to making one more susceptible to infections.
                                hey chick,

i have been injured nine months. I have had Uti's since my accident. Not ever have i had one before i became paralyzed. my doctors and urologists say reconsider my method of cathing. I boil my catheders, store them in a clean towel covered, wipe front to back several times, and sanatize my hands. I really don't know what else i can do cathing wise. I take 1200 MG's of cranberry supplement and a 50 mg antibiotic. I did a few months ago have a 1CM size kidney stone that has been taken care of and only have had two since. What were replying to as changing my routine?? As far as what goes?
                                T-7 Complete

Comment

Working...
                                X