Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mona, i think you also have a suprapubic cath.... did you see my thread "suprapubic stuck... HELP pls"? has your sp ever gotten stuck?

thank you
    lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Comment

Originally posted by Lola_wheelie View Post
      mona, i think you also have a suprapubic cath.... did you see my thread "suprapubic stuck... HELP pls"? has your sp ever gotten stuck?

thank you
      lola

Was it in the last 2 wks Lola? I wrote on there for you I believe.
      It has they cut the catheter to get it out. How are you now?
      sigpic

Comment

hi, mona

here it is the link to the thread /forum/showthread.php?t=116716
        i just updated it!
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Comment

hi, mona

here it is the link to the thread https://www.carecure.net/forum/showthread.php?t=116716
          i just updated it!

Lola did you post this twice in different places because I know I posted on one of your threads saying the same thing? The exact same thing.
          sigpic

Comment

nope, mona! just once .... i wonder what happened (thinking of twilight zone's tune)

c4-5 quad

Comment

nope, mona! just once .... i wonder what happened (thinking of twilight zone's tune)
              Maybe it was someone else's thread and you posted about what happened to you. But I really remembering it being your's and it was in the wrong forum. Anyway somewhere on this board I wrote a real long answer. Let me look around. lol
              sigpic

Comment

I can't find it but I know I wrote it.
                But the answer to your question is no I haven't.
                I'm sorry you're having so much trouble.
                I hope they work it out.
                sigpic

Comment

thank you so much, mona
                  i am happy such thing has never happened to you, because you are such a nice lady for what i have read and i don't wish this kind of ordeal to my worst enemy!

i remember mentioning what happened to me in another thread ( guess what....i can't remember which one )so maybe that is what you saw!

c4-5 quad

Comment

thank you so much, mona
                    i am happy such thing has never happened to you, because you are such a nice lady for what i have read and i don't wish this kind of ordeal to my worst enemy!

i remember mentioning what happened to me in another thread ( guess what....i can't remember which one )so maybe that is what you saw!

Thank you sweetheart, you're sweet too!

Let's pray it doesn't happen to you again.
                    Why did he keep changing the sizes?
                    sigpic

Comment

he kept changing sizes because he said the wider sizes drain better .... but i had never had any problem with my 14fr.... no leaks, no bladder infections, it was wonderful! then he decided to go to size 16fr and i started leaking, had a bad yeast infection...

right now i have a size 20fr and he says he won't increase anymore. as i said, i'm really afraid of my next cath change!

i just got a call from the uro nurse saying that i have a bladder infection. i'll be taking cipro for 10 days.

thank you for your prayer, hon.... they are very much appreciated!

what size cath do you use? do you get infection often?

c4-5 quad

Comment

he kept changing sizes because he said the wider sizes drain better .... but i had never had any problem with my 14fr.... no leaks, no bladder infections, it was wonderful! then he decided to go to size 16fr and i started leaking, had a bad yeast infection...

right now i have a size 20fr and he says he won't increase anymore. as i said, i'm really afraid of my next cath change!

i just got a call from the uro nurse saying that i have a bladder infection. i'll be taking cipro for 10 days.

thank you for your prayer, hon.... they are very much appreciated!

what size cath do you use? do you get infection often?
                        You're very welcome.

You had a urine sample checked?
                        Or you sick, fever, chills, etc.?

Size 22 fr. silastic

No infections very often. I watch my nurse & make sure she stays sterile.
                        sigpic

Comment

i'm quad, so i have problems with body temp, mona...i never get fevers with infections, so i have to watch for other symptoms, such as burning when i leak through my urethra, which only happens when i have an infection ( i have sensation in my genitals ), being more lethargic than the usual (due to meds)...things like that.

yes, i had a sample taken last week when i went to see the uro, since the horrible pain from the fiasco stuck catheter change hasn't subsided. the nurse took a sample and the doctor oredered a cat scan because he thinks i have stone(s) in my bladder ( which would explain the stabbing pain i feel, like something is poking my bladder really hard ).
                          i go to have the cat scan this thursday!

c4-5 quad

Comment

I'm a quad too.
                            The nurse says not to take antibiotics unless you are sick with other symptoms. kwim? Like fever, pain, chills etc.. That's why I asked.
                            I'm sorry you're sick.
                            sigpic

Comment

welcome to the forum, jieleah!

c4-5 quad

Comment

Originally posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
                                I'm a quad too.
                                The nurse says not to take antibiotics unless you are sick with other symptoms. kwim? Like fever, pain, chills etc.. That's why I asked.
                                I'm sorry you're sick.
                                oops, i didn't know you were a quad, mona, sorry. ( and sorry to know you know the joys of quadness ). just shows how little i know!

about the infection, the nurse here says the same thing, but i do have my typical symptoms of it, that's why the doc prescribed the cipro.

hopefully i don't have stones again ( have had them in the past ).

this too shall pass

c4-5 quad

Comment

Working...
                                X