digestive enzymes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digestive enzymes

i'm looking to try some digestive enzymes to (hopefully) help relieve some of my nagging abdominal pain. StylinMoe recommended a while back to try Prepzymes by Aim. anyone else have any suggestions?
    "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."
    ...Mark Twain

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    ...Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
    ...George Bernard Shaw

I started using this a couple of months ago for the same thing and it's made a big difference.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=search

Comment

Scott, I think it's definitely something worth looking into.

Comment

there is this yogurt with probiotics stuff in it and i see cereal with probiotics stuff too ,
        cauda equina

Comment

I take these. I guess they help. Come highly recommended.

http://www.outletnutrition.com/648575210013.html
          sigpic

Comment

for whatever reason, i always thought probiotics were different than digestive enzymes. are they the same?

i've tried some sort of enzyme (don't remember name) years ago but don't think it did anything... just a waste of money, so i'm hoping to find something good. i'm thinking i'll buy a few different types and try multiple brands. would there be any danger in taking too many?
            "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."
            ...Mark Twain

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
            ...Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
            ...George Bernard Shaw

Comment

for whatever reason, i always thought probiotics were different than digestive enzymes. are they the same?

i've tried some sort of enzyme (don't remember name) years ago but don't think it did anything... just a waste of money, so i'm hoping to find something good. i'm thinking i'll buy a few different types and try multiple brands. would there be any danger in taking too many?
              ...Mark Twain

...Winston Churchill

...George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by ScottS
                They're different but both help with digestion.

Remember what the chick told you...

H.O.P.E. for Better Digestion...
                High Fiber
                Omega-3 (in fish or supplements)
                Probiotics
                Enzymes

Follow the link for more detailed info.

Comment

You will find a few suggestions here:

/forum/showthread.php?t=55597&highlight=natren
                  T-4 complete since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion
                    Remember what the chick told you.
                    "the chick," huh? not just any chick!

i picked up a multi enzyme, omega 3 supplement, and a bottle of aloe vera stomach formula to try. i forgot to get probiotics, will have to do it tomorrow.

seems like if i can soothe my bowel, i'll feel a bit better. crossing my fingers...
                    ...Mark Twain

...Winston Churchill

...George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Cool. I hope it gets soothed.

And yeah, the chick.

Comment

Pro biotics

They are great !!! I use The nature bounty Acidophilus, it is a bacteria that exists in the body and is important in the maintenance of the normal level and consistency of bacteria in the body.Acidophilus has been used to re-establish the normal consistency of bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract (stomach and intestines) and vagina. Acidophilus has been used in the treatment and/or prevention of vaginal yeast infections, yeast infections of the mouth, antibiotic-induced diarrhea, and urinary tract infections.
                        My uncle owns the medicine shoppe where I live and he recommended this. It has been wonderful. You have to refridgerate them though because there are live active cultures in them. Good luck there are many probiotic products out there. If you have any questions Pm me . I have used them for about a year now.
                        Jennifer

Comment

well, the probiotics seem to help, but only a tiny bit. the enzymes (Digest Gold) just make me hurt like hell!

i'm thinking i'll step up the amount of probiotics to see if it helps. as far as the enzymes... i might try a different brand, but i won't be surprised if i get the same (bad) result.

how could enzymes cause more pain?
                          ...Mark Twain

...Winston Churchill

...George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                          X