intrithical baclofen pump and the bladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intrithical baclofen pump and the bladder

as you know I just got this pump and so far I am healing pretty good other than this damn head ache..I have a Question for other members out there and/ or our medical staff.

I have been noticing that when the urge to relieve my bladder comes it is very intence.. it is one of those "I could pee forever" feelings but when I get to the bathroom nothing happens, I have to sit there for a while and really concetrate on the task at hand, then there is only a small amount that comes out(300cc).. is this a normal feeling after getting the pump put in? or is this some way my body is accepting the object?

my urine looks fine and I have been drinking plenty of water (don't do soda)..I just go to the bathroom all the time and as I said have to concentrate more than usual
    Difficulties urinating through crede or tapping
    0.00%
    Decreased bladder volume when feeling bladder fullness
    100.00%
    Increased bladder volume when feeling bladder fullness
    0.00%
    Incontinence
    0.00%
    Other bladder symptoms
    0.00%

uhhh..boy I feel bright this morning, baclofen is a muscle relaxent and I think that is my problem...now I need to know if it will get worse and cause me to need to start cathing myself again..

boy this Dr. is going to get sick of my Questions.. I see him tomorrow to get the stitches out and to adjust the dosage...I better find me a pen and paper..
    Last edited by darrel; 6 Nov 2007, 8:29 AM.

Comment

thank you Mr. Young

Comment

No change for me Darrell.
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

our Wise Young set a poll up for me to find out if the baclofen pump has made any changes to your bladder.. this has me a little concerned.. if you have a baclofen pump please take a moment to do this survey..

thank you for your time , darrel

Comment

No changes for me.
            If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

unfunny attempt at a joke, if ya read what i originally wrote darrel.

i only had mine about 2 months. no bladder change during that time.
              Last edited by rollin64; 6 Nov 2007, 9:17 PM.

Comment

hopefully it's a minor thing. i'll tell ya.......my body felt...GREAT with the pump. helped my neuro pain an all. i just had a bad experience.

Comment

this is the only thing that I have noticed that I don't like, but I want to make sure that this problem is caused buy the pump..so far nobody else seems to have had bladder problems, so far I can deal with having to consetrate longer in order to go.

Comment

Originally posted by rollin64
                    unfunny attempt at a joke, if ya read what i originally wrote darrel.

i only had mine about 2 months. no bladder change during that time.

yes I did see your post dangit!! LOL ..but I was on my way to the bathroom dangit!!

Comment

Originally posted by darrel
                      yes I did see your post dangit!! LOL ..but I was on my way to the bathroom dangit!!
                      ha,ha....

i woulda felt bad if ya went to your dr. scared on my account. prolly just too short of notice for enough ppl to reply to your poll. i heard, it might take some time to get it tuned in just right. if it's really helpin your spasms, maybe they can turn it down a bit to help with your cathing method.

dangit, man!!!!!!!

Comment

My sister's doctor did say the baclofen pump could cause "problems" with her bladder. She's still working on trying different meds to control her tone with the pump as the very, very last resort, esp because her bladder works like a normal AB person (determined from urodynamics test) and she doesn't want to mess that up!

Comment

After about a month your body will hit a plateau from the baclofen. At least mine did. Maybe it will straighten out then.
                          If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

just got back from Peoria, got the stitches out and I had told the Dr. about what I am experiencing with my bladder and I was told I need to see my primary Dr. and that the pump would not cause that type of problem(I would be leaking all the time) so this is good as far as the pump is concerned..

I called and made an appointment for my primary Dr. earliest I could get in is monday afternoon.. wonder if she can figure any thing out, hell she says that I broke my neck, I really don't think she knows much about spinal injuries.. but she did find out that I have a bad ticker so I stick with her,plus she does seem to care, I think it is because I am a challange, something new for her to learn on/with..if that is the case that makes two of us..

Comment

Working...
                            X