vertigo, SCI connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vertigo, SCI connection?

I have a c4/5 complete injury. Lately, I've experienced severe vertigo when I'm turned on my side for dressing. Does this have a sci connection? I haven't changed meds or had any other aliments.

Can you describe it? Is the room spinning or do you feel like you are spinning?

CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

yes, the room spins and I'm nauseous

Comment

This is called objective vertigo. It is unlikely to be related to your spinal cord injury. Wikapedia has a pretty good article about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_(medical)

You should see an ENT for a vestibular evaluation.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X