Mitro still leaking, do I go foley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitro still leaking, do I go foley?

lol, who else but us SCI would that title make sense too?
    Anyhow, I'm 4 months pregnant and my mitrofanoff stoma is leaking uncontrollably, I've tried every type of padding i can think of but my shirt and pants still end up soaked. I'm tired of stinking like pee but I've still got 5 more months to go and its sure to get worse. I could switch to a foley but then it will be constantly clogging due to mucus from my augmentation - I'm sure to get pee all over once in a while while irrigating anyhow.
    I'll as my Dr. tommorow but I'm not expecting any brilliant suggestions lol.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

I assume you don't want to take more meds due to your pregnancy. Ask about Botox injections.

An ostomy nurse could determine if you could "bag" your stoma. Ask for a consult.

You may have to go with the foley, and plan to irrigate daily to decrease the mucous.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks...We tried an ostomy bag but because my stoma is in my belly botton it won't seal... I wonder if Ditropan or something would help and be OK... I'll asik.
      Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Working...
      X