Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fever again.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    fever again.

    i checked my temp .38 c ..i fell like to jump into a fridge.i sent an urine sample to the lab ,the result will come on monday.agrrrrrr......

    #2
    Originally posted by adi chicago
    i checked my temp .38 c ..i fell like to jump into a fridge.i sent an urine sample to the lab ,the result will come on monday.agrrrrrr......
    Hi Adi,

    It might be a good idea to keep a prescription of Cipro, Levaquin or Augmentin (never take Augmentin on an empty stomach... I learned the hard way!) around the house for emergencies. That's what they give us over here in the States until the C&S results come back in. Now you have to suffer with a high temperature until Monday. Ouch. I keep a stash of all three of those antibiotics (plus others) in my house for such ocassions. I hope your fever and pain don't get much worse... it's a long time 'til Monday. Can't you call your doctor and get something to tide you over until the C&S results come back?

    Good luck Nick Cage.... er... I mean Adi Chicago.

    Edit: I just checked an online temperature converter and 38 degrees Celsius = 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Still less than over 2*F of "normal". So that's not real high. If it hits 39*C or especially 40 degrees Celsius = 104 degrees Fahrenheit, then I'd start to worry.

    My normal temperature is usually low at around 97.5*F (97.5 degree Fahrenheit = 36.38 degree Celsius) so you need to keep YOUR normal or average temperature in mind. I don't know if you have air conditioning over there in Albania or how hot it is there now in July (I'm in FL... it's HOT here!) so that needs to be considered too.

    Bob.
    Last edited by bob clark; 21 Jul 2007, 5:44 AM.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

    Comment


      #3
      thank you bob ,i did not take any antibiotics [my sis has a real arsenal inside my house],i took only tylenol and the old fashion way [wet socks and a rag on my forehead],tomorrow i hope i will get the result from the lab,so i can kill the bug.thank god i still type and focus[the fever increased agrrrr.]38.5c .they will put me on iv for sure [painfull].at home they stick me every day here 3 times a day.i wont go to a hospital here in romania [too many germs and the system sucks].i will survive ...i hope.i am a worrior.

      Comment


        #4
        Hope you feel better soon adi.
        Be yourself!!!
        http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
        BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
        Sponsored Athlete
        http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
        www.genegvd.com

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by van damn
          Hope you feel better soon adi.
          thanks geno i never give up [black belt ]you know .

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by adi chicago
            thanks geno i never give up [black belt ]you know .
            I know.Me too.Give it a butt whipping adi.
            Be yourself!!!
            http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
            BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
            Sponsored Athlete
            http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
            www.genegvd.com

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by van damn
              I know.Me too.Give it a butt whipping adi.
              good one geno .the river flow...the stones hold on forever.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by adi chicago
                good one geno .the river flow...the stones hold on forever.
                Ha.Can't catch the fish underwater with hands anymore.
                Be yourself!!!
                http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
                BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
                Sponsored Athlete
                http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
                www.genegvd.com

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by van damn
                  Ha.Can't catch the fish underwater with hands anymore.
                  hehe geno ..i am planning to use a device to catch fish again...still top secret.if will work i will share my invention...for free.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    i am happy, the lab result [sensitivity]e-coli and biseptol works.
                    yes....no iv or im this time.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I HAVE GOT TO ASK ADI. WHY ARE U SO SEDENTARY AND SICKLY. nothing personal im just curious. i
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com
                      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                      sponsored handcycle racer

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by fuentejps
                        I HAVE GOT TO ASK ADI. WHY ARE U SO SEDENTARY AND SICKLY. nothing personal im just curious. i
                        fuentejps do you have any neuropain ,severe spasms and monthly utis?
                        let me know please.
                        btw.are you complete or incomplete?
                        thanks god that my brain is still very active.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by adi chicago
                          fuentejps do you have any neuropain ,severe spasms and monthly utis?
                          let me know please.
                          btw.are you complete or incomplete?
                          thanks god that my brain is still very active.
                          no neuro, spasms yes. no utis. inc.

                          like i said dont take it personal.

                          all those issues are treatable thou.
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com
                          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                          sponsored handcycle racer

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by fuentejps
                            no neuro, spasms yes. no utis. inc.

                            like i said dont take it personal.

                            all those issues are treatable thou.
                            Hi Fuentes,

                            It would be much easier to read what you have to write if you'd remove that damn animated gif.... it's very distracting. I get tired of hitting the Esc key everytime you write in a forum. If I said "Please" wouldja maybe consider it?

                            But to my point. You've been at this SCI stuff for 20 years compared to Adi's 5. So that's a consideration that should be taken into account. Plus he's in severe pain which is a devastating disease in and of itself. I'm sure you've done some reading in the "Pain" forum. Not to mention... well, actually to mention, that Adi lives in Albania most of the time.... if not all of the time now. Albania was the most locked-off country from the Western world of the Soviet Bloc prior to the fall of The Wall. Moreso than even North Korea, if that's possible. So he doesn't have all the luxuries that you do here. Plus you evidently have a pretty well paying job that you seem to enjoy that gives you a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Though you just had a serious medical problem and lost 30 pounds and some of your strength and perhaps some of those commission checks may have stopped for an interim period of time. But you still have good transportation, a new condo and discretionary money to spend for whatever your good insurance plan doesn't cover. There's a huge difference between your situation and Adi's. There's no ADA over in Albania. I imagine that "cripples" are considered a burden on the family and society as a whole over there and may even be considered outcasts so to speak. Perhaps buy (or you may have a spare one lying around) Adi a standing machine and get him up outta bed, off his butt and sides and standing tall again. It may help relieve some of his pain and make him feel better about his condition. Just a suggestion.

                            But give the guy a break. I realize that you asked Adi nicely and told him not to take your questioning personally but there is a big divide between your life and abilities here in the US and Adi's over in Albania.

                            Maybe when you get your next vacation you could fly over to Albania and give Adi and his family a visit and personally assess his situation and perhaps help a fellow quadriplegic out. Or maybe the next time, if there is one, when Adi comes back to Chicago, you guys can meet up and you can show Adi the ropes that you've learned with the 15 more years of SCI experience that you have under your belt. Take him to one of your rugby matches then out to get him and "Little Adi" laid! The stud that you are and all.

                            You had a very supportive and I imagine financially capable family who helped you through college which enabled you to get a well paying job. I'm not taking anything away from your personal accomplishments but we don't know what Adi is up against over there in a Third World country, medically speaking and opportunity-wise. He did lose his wrongful injury lawsuit over here so I wouldn't be surprised if he's fairly strapped for money and we all know how important money is. It gives a person a sense of power plus it enables one to do a lot more things for entertainment etc. I think Adi has a great sense of humor considering the rough predicament that he finds himself in.

                            Get some of your rugby team buddies to donate their old rugby chairs and help Adi start the first quad rugby team in Albania. That's an idea you could peruse. If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem... so it's been said.

                            Or get him a job where you work, telecommuting from Albania!

                            Anyway, have a good day.

                            Bob.
                            "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by bob clark
                              Hi Fuentes,

                              It would be much easier to read what you have to write if you'd remove that damn animated gif.... it's very distracting. I get tired of hitting the Esc key everytime you write in a forum. If I said "Please" wouldja maybe consider it?

                              But to my point. You've been at this SCI stuff for 20 years compared to Adi's 5. So that's a consideration that should be taken into account. Plus he's in severe pain which is a devastating disease in and of itself. I'm sure you've done some reading in the "Pain" forum. Not to mention... well, actually to mention, that Adi lives in Albania most of the time.... if not all of the time now. Albania was the most locked-off country from the Western world of the Soviet Bloc prior to the fall of The Wall. Moreso than even North Korea, if that's possible. So he doesn't have all the luxuries that you do here. Plus you evidently have a pretty well paying job that you seem to enjoy that gives you a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Though you just had a serious medical problem and lost 30 pounds and some of your strength and perhaps some of those commission checks may have stopped for an interim period of time. But you still have good transportation, a new condo and discretionary money to spend for whatever your good insurance plan doesn't cover. There's a huge difference between your situation and Adi's. There's no ADA over in Albania. I imagine that "cripples" are considered a burden on the family and society as a whole over there and may even be considered outcasts so to speak. Perhaps buy (or you may have a spare one lying around) Adi a standing machine and get him up outta bed, off his butt and sides and standing tall again. It may help relieve some of his pain and make him feel better about his condition. Just a suggestion.

                              But give the guy a break. I realize that you asked Adi nicely and told him not to take your questioning personally but there is a big divide between your life and abilities here in the US and Adi's over in Albania.

                              Maybe when you get your next vacation you could fly over to Albania and give Adi and his family a visit and personally assess his situation and perhaps help a fellow quadriplegic out. Or maybe the next time, if there is one, when Adi comes back to Chicago, you guys can meet up and you can show Adi the ropes that you've learned with the 15 more years of SCI experience that you have under your belt. Take him to one of your rugby matches then out to get him and "Little Adi" laid! The stud that you are and all.

                              You had a very supportive and I imagine financially capable family who helped you through college which enabled you to get a well paying job. I'm not taking anything away from your personal accomplishments but we don't know what Adi is up against over there in a Third World country, medically speaking and opportunity-wise. He did lose his wrongful injury lawsuit over here so I wouldn't be surprised if he's fairly strapped for money and we all know how important money is. It gives a person a sense of power plus it enables one to do a lot more things for entertainment etc. I think Adi has a great sense of humor considering the rough predicament that he finds himself in.

                              Get some of your rugby team buddies to donate their old rugby chairs and help Adi start the first quad rugby team in Albania. That's an idea you could peruse. If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem... so it's been said.

                              Or get him a job where you work, telecommuting from Albania!

                              Anyway, have a good day.

                              Bob.
                              WHOA! I think this was a bit much..
                              Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X