I know this is disgusting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is disgusting...

...but so is everything else in this forum. [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I can pick my boogers with difficulty. I don't have finger movement or sensation so I can't get them all and I am always stopped up. I take flonase sometimes for my allergies which are very mild. Is it ok to use Vicks Vapor Rub every day? What can I do to breath better?

Marie
    Unbroken by the grace of God
    Marie

i use nafazoline before going to bed so i can sleep well. i don't think vicks is bad my father uses it every day even on his eyes.

Comment

You should just blow your nose more frequently, you don't need good digital dexterity....unlike this gentleman.
      http://poetry.rotten.com/fingerhead/

Comment

Doesn't Vics make some thingy that you plug into a wall that release it's vapour stuff now?

_____
        Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
        Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

I have dimenished*? lung capacity so blowing is not an option plus it is never runny. Hehe nice pic.

Marie
          Marie

Comment

All right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

this is my kind of thread I love booger's
            there's the classic white hard one, green ones, yellow and of course the ones with all the color's plus blood in them!!!

Actually I got a picture of George W. and I flip them at it!!!

Just trying to liven this place up
            But actually Booger's are one of my favorites!!

Comment

i have a hard timing blowing my nose too......the best way to do it, is to put your chest to you knees and blow like hell, it helps, trust me.

~If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you~

Comment

Marie - It sounds like you are having secretions that are drying in your nose....boogies! Do you have any humidification in your home/apartment, etc.? It may be helpful to use a humidifier or moist vaporizer in the room in which you spend the most time. Have you tried using a plain nasal saline spray as a moisturizer? You can use this several times a day to help moisten the nasal passages. Lastly, there should not be a problem in using the Vicks on a daily basis, but I would urge you to consider the above suggestions as well. CRF
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Well, you said it, I didn't... it's disgusting, so I'll just tell ya. I pick Chad's boogers! (ok, stop cringing everyone! someone has to do it!) As completely horrible as it may sound, is there someone you really, really, really trust that would do it for you? A best, best, best girlfriend? Do you have an attendant? It sounds terrible to have to ask at first, but if you have an attendant it's part of their job.

Any-hoo, just my 2 cents. Gross as they are! LOL!

Ami
                  Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

When your dancing with your honey.
                    And her nose is kinda runny.
                    You may think its kinda funny.
                    Well it's SNOT. [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Marie, maybe use the rubber end of a pencil in a strap around your hand? Or a q-tip? Just don't get it stuck in there!

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!
                      www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Hummmmmmm...good suggestions everyone. Thank you. Ami, I do have my mom dig around up there sometimes, but I perfer to do it by myself. I am proud of the fact that I can pick boogers. I tell that to everyone. It is an ADL you know. [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Duge, how bout those super sticky boogers that stretch an inch from your nose and cling to your finger? lol [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Marie
                        Marie

Comment

For the really tough ones, a willing soul with a penlight and tweezers works very well...

it definitely to is one of life small pleasures to be able to pick your own nose(aah... I can breathe again!).

Comment

Alright Marie !!!!!!!!!!!

That's about like the ones that start coming out of your nose and strecht almost half way to the ground !!!!

we got to see some humor!

Doug

Comment

Your not suppose to stick anything in your nose smaller than your elbow....or is that in your ear..i dont know..some orifice in your head.I know where my fingers been and i dont need to stick it in my nose to be reminded [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]...

~~If you cant beat em,arrange to have em beatin~~

Comment

Working...
                              X