hemorrhoidectomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hemorrhoidectomy

has anyone had this procedure - outpatient (excized, not banded)? If yes, what was the recovery like? Also, was AD a problem during or after?

thanks in advance
    peace
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

had one about 2 months ago,not to bad,had a little ad but nothing like i was having with the hemmorroids.i am a perfect asshole now with very little to no ad.

Comment

Thanks for answering, Mustang. Did you have any problems sitting or sh*tting after?
      Sorry, so crude... [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I had one too, years ago, i'd do it agan. I also started taking calcium and think it helps.

Comment

I had an internal hemorrhoid once. It was very painful to sit up. It got better but I already had scheduled to get it cut. If that is what you mean by excised, then I would never do it. I think banding is best if you cannot tolerate it. But from my experience, it was a big mistake so far. Healing a sore there is very hard, ... IT can take years to get over it, at least that was what I heard.

David

Comment

a hemorrhoidectomy is a formal surgical procedure used when all less invasive others fail

i think it is inpatient, perhaps a night

you should definately be under anesthesia, either general or conscious sedation

Comment

Alissa .... did a search and found this ....

LINK TO 'ROID QUESTION

AND ANOTHER LINK

AND YET ANOTHER

Bill had both procedures done with very little problem! Good luck!!

Obieone [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]
              ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
              Jane Siberry

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your responses, suggestions, links...

[This message was edited by alissa on 10-02-04 at 06:52 PM.]

Comment

Now THIS is a prolapsed rectum;
                  ouch!

Comment

[This message was edited by alissa on 10-02-04 at 06:53 PM.]

Comment

My husband had it, tough recovery for him. His hemmorroids were huge, size of fist. Even though recovery was tough, he would do it again.....

//

Comment

Alissa, by your own admission the issue of a prolapsed rectum has only been briefly touched upon on this site. I'm simply providing visual information to folks on this site since you brought up the topic. Yes, it is an extreme example of a prolapsed rectum. However, I'm not making fun of you. Moreover, who says every reply to every question has to be oozing with compassion? Do you want someone to hold your hand and give you milk and cookies? Are you against responses that include facts figures, pictures and personal experiences too? In the past, I've had hemorrhoids and I've had them banded. A couple years later they are back and it needs to be done again. If I had a picture of them...it would be posted. If you don't like something on the net, it's only a mouse click away to move on to something else.

Comment

man u guys are making me real glad i dont have hemroids, ouch
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com
                          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

[This message was edited by alissa on 10-02-04 at 06:54 PM.]

Comment

Originally posted by cindy:

My husband had it, tough recovery for him. His hemmorroids were huge, size of fist. Even though recovery was tough, he would do it again.....

//
                              Cindy,

Can you please elaborate on tough recovery?
                              You can PM me if you'd rather. I would so appreciate some real life experience here.

peace

Comment

Working...
                              X