Digestive Advantage for Chronic Constipation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digestive Advantage for Chronic Constipation

I decided to give Digestive Advantage for Chronic Constipation a try. I found it at Drugstore.com...after reading a few reviews of the product I thought it might be worth a try. One person compared it to zelnorm, saying they preferred it....and since my insurance didn't consider my condition as "chronic idiopathic constipation" they would not cover it. I don't know what else you would call being "constipated" for the past two years.

Anyway, I've been taking it for almost a month now. You take one capsule a day, everyday. I noticed an improvement in my bp within a few days. About week 3, I got cleaned out...very much like having taken a course of antibiotics. The right side abdomen that has been distended/bloated/hard and very uncomfortable now resembles the left, which I consider somewhat normal. The week that I got nice and cleaned out, I could tell when I needed to do my bp, and I ended up doing my bp every night for a few days instead of every other. There were a few times when my bp lasted longer than I would have cared for it too. But now, on week 4 my bp is going much faster and more efficiently.

From what I could tell no one else has mentioned this product on this site, so I thought I'd share my experience with the product. Right now, all I'm taking is this product and a few stool softeners every night. I will also add that DA helped in the softening department too.

I figured I've tried just about everything...why not this. Its a lot cheaper than a script for zelnorm too. $11.99 for a 30 day supply. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee...once again, I figured what have I got to lose.

DA makes several other products too...the only ones I've been able to find in the store are for lactose intolerance...but they have several other products that I've been able to find online.

I hope this information is helpful to many others. I didn't think it would be fair if I kept this to myself.

Jennifer
    Last edited by Bonita; 31 May 2007, 11:57 PM.

http://www.ganedenbiotech.com/

This is the website for Digestive Advantage for anyone who is interested in looking into it.

Comment

Did you know that there is a course of treatment for being lactose interolerant? I think it is called lactogen. You take it for several days to restore the enzyme that is missing which allows you to metabolize lactose. It was featured on fox and friends news healthcare segment. I'm not sure of the spelling though.
      ~|*

Comment

Originally posted by Z~LEI
        Did you know that there is a course of treatment for being lactose interolerant? I think it is called lactogen. You take it for several days to restore the enzyme that is missing which allows you to metabolize lactose. It was featured on fox and friends news healthcare segment. I'm not sure of the spelling though.
        I know I saw a similar product in the stores a few years ago...I was a bit skeptical to be honest. But after trying DA for the chronic constipation...I have a bit more faith in their products.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonita
          From what I could tell no one else has mentioned this product on this site, so I thought I'd share my experience with the product. Right now, all I'm taking is this product and a few stool softeners every night. I will also add that DA helped in the softening department too.

I hope this information is helpful to many others. I didn't think it would be fair if I kept this to myself.

Jennifer
          Thanks Jennifer - we are going through the similiar thing with my brother's girlfriend and we are trying everything. I have a thread on here discussing that and this last week we went through a major issue with too much bowel medicine - so I am going to look into her trying this.
          You say that you take other softeners which ones. Right now 'T' takes 2 generic colace a day 8:00am/8:00pm and 3 generic sennokot at lunch.

Comment

Lindasue,

Right now I take two generic colace in the evening. I'm also to the point where I don't think I need to use the magic bullet any more either.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by Bonita
              Lindasue,

Right now I take two generic colace in the evening. I'm also to the point where I don't think I need to use the magic bullet any more either.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer
              Hey Jennifer - Praise God! That's wonderful. When T had her episode last week she got to the point where she good tell when she needed to go and she would go and then we just started back with the suppositories and she could actually feel my brother inserting it and said it hurt. The doctor that recommended the Turmeric and Bromelain combination said that it would give her some sensation back.
              I'm assuming that you will stay on this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Lindasue
                Hey Jennifer - Praise God! That's wonderful. When T had her episode last week she got to the point where she good tell when she needed to go and she would go and then we just started back with the suppositories and she could actually feel my brother inserting it and said it hurt. The doctor that recommended the Turmeric and Bromelain combination said that it would give her some sensation back.
                I'm assuming that you will stay on this stuff?
                Yes, I definitely plan on staying on it. I have tried so many different things, one at a time and all at one. Lets see...miralax, senna, stool softeners, mag citrate, milk of magnesia, activia, miralax again...I guess what I like about this is that it is not a laxative like senna or miralax. And from what I understand it needs to be taken daily to remain effective. I definitely prefer one pill a day verses things getting more backed up and having to take drastic measures. I once went about a month with no bm...why my doctor wasn't concerned, I have no idea. But I took mag citrate with no help...I think finally the milk of magnesia helped, but it was very uncomfortable and I was constantly worried about having an accident.

I guess with everything I've tried, one more thing wasn't a big deal...and I'm glad I gave this a try.

Jennifer

Comment

took my first pill today....
                  Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Liz321
                    took my first pill today....
                    I really hope it helps!

Comment

Just remember to give the change a chance to work. It takes at least 5-7 days to see any lasting effect and as Jennifer pointed out, it took almost a month to get it to the point that she is at.
                      Try not to change too much other tuff- by that I mean, try to keep as many things constant as possible- like fluid intake, your diet and the time of day that you do the program.
                      Good luck-
                      CKF
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
                        Just remember to give the change a chance to work. Try not to change too much other tuff.
                        Good luck-
                        CKF
                        Thanks Sci-Nurse - that is the one problem I have with "t" she wants to rush everything. Right now because of the UTI medicine she is even more constipated and looks nine months pregnant. Unfortunately she had impaction issues before the injury. She also drinks Glycolox as well. Once at Kessler they had given her 2 enemas, 3 different types of drink and a suppository all in one day and she still didn't go. That is the main reason of most of her hand and feet nerve pain. Once she goes poop the pain is minimal. Right now she is loaded up on everything - so I assume that once she gets diarhea that we would now start cutting back on the other things? We stopped giving her the 3 sennokot at lunch because they were doing nothing. Right now she drinks Glycolox at night one generic colace at 8:00am and one at 8:00pm and I just introduced the Digestive Advantage - hopefully we'll be on a better path once this stuff kicks in. Also Kessler taught us to push on her stomach gently right to left when we are doing her bp.

Comment

I'm fixed.

I added it the morning of my routine and notice significant improvement on the 3rd regime.

I didn't change my other meds of senna/colace in the a.m.

I think I'll take this if problems arise like the Miralax.

thanks for the info.

signed-
                          All clean and flat belly again!
                          Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Hey I got a good price on a 3 pack (three month supply) at Amazon.com and started them 4 days ago, will see how I make out tomorrow and report. Quit all my other softeners and stimulants except my morning coffee and as always drinking lots of water. It's 110 here today so extra water this past week.
                            ^^(A)^^

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
                              Just remember to give the change a chance to work. It takes at least 5-7 days to see any lasting effect and as Jennifer pointed out, it took almost a month to get it to the point that she is at.
                              CKF
                              okay we gave it a shot, but it didn't work. We tried just the Digestive Advantage,two colaces and the ducolax suppository - removing the 3 sennokot and the Glycolox drink and unfortunately without the Glycolox T can't "poo" as she says. I guess when she tried to poo the other night nothing came out but the suppository leftover and that continued to come out all day. So she went one day without going and major nerve pain in the hands (that is where she feels all her pain - no other place) and then we took good old glycolox and she went poo - alot, but very pasty (sorry for so much detail) we had to retrieve all of that none wanted to come out on it's own. So we need lots more water definitely in her diet, but I think the trick for her is Glycolox. Sci-nurse - I'm not sure of the spelling of Glycolox, but eventually we would like her not to be on anything, but it seems like Glycolox does the trick can that be more harmful than the colace, sennokot or the Digestive Advantage. Also she must poo everyday otherwise major nerve pain in the hands. Also I drink something call All Day Energy greens since I'm constipated all the time - although I don't have an injury and her doctor at Kessler okayed this drink because it actually helps me have 3 movements per day or at least one healthy one. So we are going to try this drink. I'm hoping this will help in a more natural way

Comment

Working...
                              X