wow, vibrations for spasms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, vibrations for spasms?

lol nothing kinky! we just went out on our quad/4 wheeler and my legs have never been so relaxed since I had a trial of spinal baclofen! They feel amazing! Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas for how to achieve this without going 4 wheeling?
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Emi,

I just started therapy at a SCI Recovery Unit at Rehab Inst. of MI and they have something called the "Wave" Machine that helps with spasms. I don't need it, but it vibrates. Here's a link to the website...

http://www.h-wave.com/benefit_patients.html
    Tina
    C5-C7 Walking Quad - Very Incomplete
    Aug '03

Comment

I saw a news story about people with MS riding horses having a similar response ..... there must be a connection .... you stradle a horse like a four wheeler and use the same muscles to stay upright etc. .... ... maybe it has to do with the stretching combined with use of muscles not otherwise used sitting in a chair!
      I'm glad the experience you had was a good one Emi ......

Obieone
      ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
      Jane Siberry

Comment

i guess certain other situations in a similar position also help now that I think of it... minus the vibration of course! lol. That H wave is interesting~ thanks Tinamarie!
        All the more reason to go quadding I guess! lol
        Its been hours and my legs are still relaxed, migh have something to do with the 3 glasses of wine though...
        Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

My bed vibrates with adjustable intensities and waves (Yeah, you read that right, ladies ) and I find it does help relax spasticity and feels great on my back. It's an adjustable tempurpedic bed, not expensive when compared to most theraputic beds, and has been great for my skin. I think you can even get one on a free 3 month trial. You might want to check one out
          "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Comment

Lazy boy

Originally posted by Emi2
            Any ideas for how to achieve this without going 4 wheeling?
            I recently got a new lazy boy recliner with a massage unit built-in.
            It helps.
            Sometimes I can even feel the vibrations in my lower body.
            Jeff
            Doh!

Comment

Chad experiences the same thing when he drives his chair over particularly bumpy terrain for a good long while. He has taken to running the dog on bumpy roads so that he gets that relaxed spasms benefit plus a tired dog benefit.

What kind of mattress vibrates - what is the brand name?
              Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

I have used a massager on my legs when my spasms get really bad. Usually it is one muscle that initates the spasm which causes my leg to kick. So I put the massager on that particular muscle and it really help relax it. It takes about 20 minutes, but i was surprised that it helped. Does anyone know how you can get one of those tempurpedic beds? I am on a really uncomfortable bed right now which makes my back hurt a whole lot, so I would love to try something different. Thanks,,

Comment

Originally posted by zillazangel
                  What kind of mattress vibrates - what is the brand name?
                  Tempur-pedic mattress combined with this base: http://www.tempurpedic.com/other_pro...ustable_bases/

I love mine. It has been fantastic for my skin, and the vibration function, as I mentioned above, is quite useful. Insurance should cover the cost for you, as well.
                  "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Comment

Emi2, I found the same thing when I ride a 4-wheeler. It's right up there as one of the best rehab activities! Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Saorsa
                      Tempur-pedic mattress combined with this base: http://www.tempurpedic.com/other_pro...ustable_bases/

I love mine. It has been fantastic for my skin, and the vibration function, as I mentioned above, is quite useful. Insurance should cover the cost for you, as well.
                      I wish .... if only you knew our insurance company ... it took them 11 months to decide Chad actually did need a wheelchair .... argh!! But, we may try to buy out of pocket someday. thanks!
                      Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Working...
                      X