No announcement yet.

Pressure sores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is hard to tell with the quality of the photo, but this is at least a stage II pressure ulcer. It is not a maceration type skin breakdown from moisture, although this would certainly make it worse. You may have reason to file a formal complaint and perhaps legal action against this nursing home. Nursing homes are notorious as a place to get pressure ulcers.

See his physician right away, and no laying on his back or sitting until it is healed. Until you see the physician, keep it covered with a dressing that will keep it moist (not wet).

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

See your private topics for an off topic response from me.

Zillazangel, I am an able bodied significant other of a C4/5 quadriplegic man
      Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Nurse, I just wanted to let you know that I followed your advice and consulted my MD about my sweethearts pressure sore. I still find it hard to believe that a nurse would consistently tell him it wasn't a pressure sore but instead an area that had not been dried. Turns out that even after all of this time of keeping him off it, and caring for it, it is still a Stage 3. The doctor ordered home health to come out since we live so far away from his office it would mean a minimum of 2 hours in his chair just in travel. Anyway, my point being, it sure is nice to have you. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X