Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much medicine do you take for bladder spasms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much medicine do you take for bladder spasms?

Recently I've noticed increased bladder spasms. I've taken the same medicines for about 21 years with the exception of 1 increase about 4 years ago. I take valium and baclofen (10 mg of 1 and 5 mgs of the other-not sure which one is which). I increased from 3x a day to 4x daily about 4 years ago. I'm wondering if I should ask about increasing these. I'm having more spasms and increased pain in my abdomin and lower back areas. I just finished a round of gentamycin and had some stones crushed too, so I don't think it's a UTI. Any thoughts? How much meds is everybody taking?

10 mg ditrpoan xl

for a time i was taking both detrol LA and the ditropan as I was sweating so much. Then I cut back to just the ditropan.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

I take two 10 mg detrol la two times a day.I use to take ditropan but i would still have accidents untill I switched to detrol.
      "everyday above ground is a good day"

Comment

Detrol LA. once a day.

Comment

My husband has had three regimens in this first year post-injury. First he was on 10 mg Detrol LA in the am and 4 mg oxybutynin in the pm before bed. Then he went to 30 mg ditropan XL once in the am, but it really dried him out bad. Then he had the Botox treatment, and now he isn't taking any meds...it is working and he is much more comfortable and completely dry for a change!

AB wife of T8 complete para
          AB wife of T8 complete para

Comment

Neither Valium or Baclofen does anything for bladder spasms? How do you manage your bladder. Have you had recent urodynamics? Have you had tests for stones or other complications that could increase your bladder spasms.

Medications for bladder spasms and high pressures include Ditropan and Detrol (both come in regular or extended release forms) as well as tricyclic antidepressants. Botox is an option for some who do intermittent cath.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

A lot.

15 Ditropan XL PLUS 5 Oxybutin in the AM

Then a 10 XL around 2 PM with another 5 Oxy
              at um 5 or so.

Joe
              And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

im on 4mg of detrol once a day, and for some reason my bladder is being a dick today. [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

~when all else fails, use C4~

Comment

Working...
                X