Cracked/Fractured Coccyx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked/Fractured Coccyx?

I've been having 'butt-trouble' and saw my Dr today. He thinks I may have a cracked coccyx and ordered a CT Scan and a bunch of other tests, even threatening to hospitalize me today. I couldn't go for the CT today b/c I had already been sitting too long and was dying of pain. HOW could this have happened and WHAT is the remedy? I cannot be lying in bed - i'm supossed to be preparing my resumé and looking for a job. There is also darker skin along my spinal column, esp where my bra closure hits. I don't know what to do except go for all the tests and put this creme on my back.
    Is a fractured tailbone common and what is the answer? This SUCKS ~ I am always careful w/my skin and don't know where I went wrong [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]

rough sex?
    i'm not trying to be flippant, i'm serious.
    maybe you need to sleep/have sex on some foam or something.
    what else touches you where your bra closes........shower chair? shower chair could bump your tailbone too.
    mentally go through your day, everything.....what touches you where, when, how hard and for how long?

Comment

No, I usually lay on my side or sitting up in a "rocking" position w/sex. But, of course, missionary-style is inevitable.
      One thing I think caused a sore on my bum is a delayed flight on an over-inflated low-profile ROHO. The wound closed, but hurts so much I've been throwing up/naseous. I let air out of my cushion and have been impatiently aying in bed.
      What's the cushion pressure protocol. I really don't know what's going to be done with this. But, god, it friggin' hurts & still pink but closed.

Comment

Or it could have happened during a rough transfer possibley such as landing on one of the arms of an airline seat when you were transfering? You should definately get an x ray done Andrea to confirm whether or not you have a fracture, I would think it would be pretty easy to pick out on an x ray?
        "Life is about how you
        respond to not only the
        challenges you're dealt but
        the challenges you seek...If
        you have no goals, no
        mountains to climb, your
        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I am going for a comprehensive CT scan tomorrow. I am wondering if it's something else as I feel quite ill. Hes testing for diverticulitis (don't even know what that is), ovarian cysts and my bones. Also an urine and bloodtest. How fun. I honestly can't think of any rough moves that would have done this. It's bruised up though

Comment

check the back of your cushion
            my jay had a "nail" sticking out where I could not feel it and marked my bra area
            Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Andrea- a fractured tailbone does occur for all sorts of reasons- falling on your buttocks, rougher transfer. There is not much treatment except sitting on something to make it more comfortable as it can't really be immobolized. It is definitely not comfortable.

JM
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Well, if your bones are less dense (like almost all of us SCI's experience, especially women) then it may not have taken too much. Feel better!

Comment

I think Maybe I may have one too. I have been having trouble sitting for about 6-8 month's now. I am going to the Dr. Monday and I am going to ask her to x-ray me
                  Doug

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

Comment

i thought i cracked my tailbone last feb. but actually my tailbone moved over from my scoliosis shifting, which ended up in causing a small sore. i had to get my seating readjusted to heal it.
                    May the fetus you save be gay

Comment

Just wondering how long would a fractured tailbone take to heal in a case like this?

PN
                      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                      --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                      ––Paul Nussbaum
                      usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

i use a front hook bra, or tank with a built in bra. back closers cause a bump between chair back and skin. sport bras are a pain to put on, but no bump.

Comment

well?
                          Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Liz321:

well?
                            The CT scan was fine (except, I threw up some of the nasty red contrast fluid) and my UA was negative. There is no fracture, which is good. I'm still very confused as to why I'm still having the pain. The Dr thinks it might be "residual pain" and he can do some sort of injection into the spot. I'm not wild about this option nor do the alternatives thrill me - lying in bed all the time is not an option (especially being an insomniac)
                            I have been taken pain medication which cuts the burning, but this is not the solution either. I am going to get another cushion, but I really feel like my hands are tied in regard to how I manage this. It's very painful still.

- A

Comment

what hind of butt pain is it? you said burning pain? only when sitting
                              cauda equina

Comment

Working...
                              X