No announcement yet.

My Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alls I'm going to say is that I love YOU!!!! Me and ava will be thinking, praying and sending you good vibrations!!!!!!! *here's to a fast recovery", LEx

Comment

Good luck, and I hope you wind up straighter.

I don't weigh enough to donate blood, which is a shame, as I donated before my injury (I weighed 123 lbs. then - post-injury around 100 lbs., and 110 is the lightest for donation.)
      Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Kiran-
        It sounds as though you and your family have been through a lot. The surgeon you are using is awesome and I have no doubts that he will spend the time that you need to answer anymore questions or allay your fears. It also sounds as though the nurse(s) and therapists are on board and have dealt with similar things. Just remember to have an advocate there- especially in the beginning when you will be out of it.

Good luck to you- you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

CKF
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thank you all. I just found out the date of my surgery and it has been set for May 29th in the hopes that if it is bumped (which is highly likely due to bed shortages), I will still have it done in the early summer, so that I have enough time to recover, go through rehab and return to school.

Comment

Kiran--we're all sending positive vibes your way! Stay Strong!
            Daniel

Comment

Kiran will mark it on my calendar and keep you in my prayers that day. You will make it through Great!!!!!!!!!! You are a very strong lady!
              Doug

Comment

Kiran~ Sorry you won't be in DC this year but very understandable as to why. Stay strong, good vibes as well as prayers coming your way. Pleaselet us know if it gets postponed. My calendar is already marked.
                Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Kiran, I wish you a successful surgery and a quick recovery, but it sounds like it will take a while to recover from this. It sounds like you have an excellent Doctor and it's good that he took the time to explain it all very thoroughly with you and your family. I assume you are having the surgery in Vancouver, but please let me know if you are having it in Victoria, which is where I live.

You are a brave and determind young lady and I am sure you will be pleased with the outcome. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep pushing that pain-relief button when you get it! Keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Darlene
                  www.karenbrain.ca

Comment

Kiran - best of everything with your surgery and recovery. You're in my thoughts and prayers

Onward and upward

Comment

Kiran, I hope that everything goes well and you have a speedy and uneventful recovery. Wise.

Comment

Working...
                      X