Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really bad sweat above the injury!good or dad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really bad sweat above the injury!good or dad?

I am a T7-8 complete since june 2005 and i am sweating very bad especcialy above the injury! I am not fat and i am having a very acctive live!In my sleep my had and my chest is all wet with cold sweats! When i am exercising i am sweating a lot!Even now when i am writing you water is going down on my forehead! And is not hot in the room! I am telling you this is unusual sweat!
    Anyone can help!
    Blue skies!!

Could you possibly have AD? I'm not sure what level that's supposed to stop at, but maybe it's a possibility.

Good luck finding it though. Cold sweats are the absolute worst! Ya can never tell if you're hot or cold.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

Comment

I'm going to vote autonomic dysreflexia too. Do you have a pounding headache, flushed face, when it happens? Or goosebumps? Odd spasms? I get all of the above.

If it is you need to find the cause.
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

yep ~ sounds like Autonomic Dysreflexia http://www.apparelyzed.com/autonomic.html
        I've been paralyzed for 25 years , lived with the sweats for 20 yrs until I found out what it was (AD) now I take Cardura® and only get the sweats in the mornings after it wears off ... and my cat likes to sleep on my legs , the preasure triggers dysreflexia, ...
        You might not be using the correct cushion for long-term sitting or the correct mattress on your bed ???
        There is a crack in everything ... That is how the light gets in (Leonard Cohen)

Comment

thank you guys! I was thinking of AD but i am a T7-8 complete! can be still posible at this level?
          Blue skies!!

Comment

Ad?

If you pee or poop does it lessen?

are you on a bladdar med?
            Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Yes, weren't you taught about AD when you went through rehab? Highest risk are those with injuries T7 and above, but it is has been reported as low as T10. Get a blood pressure cuff, and take your blood pressure when you are having symptoms. If your blood pressure is elevated more than 30 mm. Hg. above your usual systolic, it should be considered as AD.

Check your bladder first. 90% of episodes of AD are due to bladder problems, usually overdistention.

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Hi alex.
                Check here : Autonomic Dysreflexia

Are you at RIC in your avatar picture?

Comment

Originally posted by chick
                  Hi alex.
                  Check here : Autonomic Dysreflexia

Are you at RIC in your avatar picture?
                  Thanks Chick! great link! Yes i am in RIC in avatar pic! have you been there!
                  Blue skies!!

Comment

Thanks nurse and everyone! No,was not really told about AD in rehab and to be honest i thought that i am not the case because i read somewere that only from T5 up will have this!
                    Now i am out of state,but soon as i am back to Chicago at the end of this week i will check with my doctor!Should i be worried about anything until i am getting back?
                    Blue skies!!

Comment

Yes, AD can be a sign that you have something significantly wrong. It is your body's way of telling you PAIN. People also die and have serious complications such as strokes from AD that is not properly managed.

Check your bladder. Don't get over distended. Be sure you don't have stones or a bad UTI.

Check your bowels. Is your program going OK or are you constipated or impacted?

How is your skin? Any broken areas? Ingrown toenails? Pimples or boils below the level of your injury?

Do you have a temperature too? What is your blood pressure. Get a cuff now, and check it.

When you are at RIC, insist that the nurses educate you and provide you with written information. Also ask your doctor for emergency medication you can take if you cannot find the cause on your own and must go to the ER.

Download and read this before you go so you can ask better questions:

Autonomic Dysreflexia: What you should know

(KLD)
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
                        Yes, AD can be a sign that you have something significantly wrong. It is your body's way of telling you PAIN. People also die and have serious complications such as strokes from AD that is not properly managed.

Check your bladder. Don't get over distended. Be sure you don't have stones or a bad UTI.

How is your skin? Any broken areas? Ingrown toenails? Pimples or boils below the level of your injury?

Do you have a temperature too? What is your blood pressure. Get a cuff now, and check it.

When you are at RIC, insist that the nurses educate you and provide you with written information. Also ask your doctor for emergency medication you can take if you cannot find the cause on your own and must go to the ER.

(KLD)
                        Oh my !Seems to be very serios! I am in Moscow at Neurovita and i was undergoing theyr surgery last week ,but i don,t think that is the problem because i had the sweats before the surgery too.i have a foley cath now and everything seems to be allright with that,probably stuck on my bowels but i will try to get back on schedule, everyother day as i used to,i was on IV's after surgery anyway! I asked for a personal nurse 24/7 and a had my vitals checked every time i sweat bad and they are ok @ 120/80 .The only thing is wrong is an abces on one of my buttoks i came with at this clinic 3 weeks ago and they try to treated with antibiotics and also they cut it open to let the puke to go out.Now they said is clear of any puke and under control ,but as my mom said they are stuffing cotton in that wound ,which is a size of a nut! Still ,when i am in sitting position lets say that wound willl give me that Ad, what about when i am sleeping on my stomach!
                        Thanks nurse!
                        Blue skies!!

Comment

Originally posted by alextaz
                          Oh my !Seems to be very serios! I am in Moscow at Neurovita and i was undergoing theyr surgery last week ,but i don,t think that is the problem because i had the sweats before the surgery too.i have a foley cath now and everything seems to be allright with that,probably stuck on my bowels but i will try to get back on schedule, everyother day as i used to,i was on IV's after surgery anyway! I asked for a personal nurse 24/7 and a had my vitals checked every time i sweat bad and they are ok @ 120/80 .The only thing is wrong is an abces on one of my buttoks i came with at this clinic 3 weeks ago and they try to treated with antibiotics and also they cut it open to let the puke to go out.Now they said is clear of any puke and under control ,but as my mom said they are stuffing cotton in that wound ,which is a size of a nut! Still ,when i am in sitting position lets say that wound willl give me that Ad, what about when i am sleeping on my stomach!
                          Thanks nurse!
                          Alextaz,

Don't panic.

The abscess in your buttock may well be the cause of the sweats. What is the cause? Is a pressure sore? Where on the buttock is it... at a point where you are sitting? If so, you should not be sitting on it at all. Has anybody told you that?

What treatment are you getting in Neurovita. Are you getting intravenous or intrathecal (into the sac surrounding the spinal cord) injections of cells? Are the cells your own?

If you develop a fever, you need to make sure that you find out why.

Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse

(KLD)
                            No temperature also!
                            Blue skies!!

Comment

Don't panic.

The abscess in your buttock may well be the cause of the sweats. What is the cause? Is a pressure sore? Where on the buttock is it... at a point where you are sitting? If so, you should not be sitting on it at all. Has anybody told you that?

What treatment are you getting in Neurovita. Are you getting intravenous or intrathecal (into the sac surrounding the spinal cord) injections of cells? Are the cells your own?

If you develop a fever, you need to make sure that you find out why.

No ,was not a pressure sore,started beeing repeted big pimpels on my buttock,and is yes on the sitting area! What about when i am on my stomach and still sweat really bad!
                              About my treatment at neurovita i wrote you and everybody in a different thread started by me ,but i don,t know how to point you to that! Also i sent you a PM Dr Wise because i hade some questions about this "first in the world procedure-surgery!"
                              Blue skies!!

Comment

Working...
                              X