uti and fluids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uti and fluids

does the beer increase the risk of having frequently uti s?

I wouldn't think so, seeing how beer makes you pee a lot more, also making the kidneys work a lot more. I used to be a heavy drinker, and when I was drinking beer all the time I never had uti
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

IMHO just the opposite...it helps keep 'em away/clear them up...there are a few of us that have posted 'bout this in the past...
      'Chelle
      L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Several members have said that beer is a great treatment for UTI.
        I have read no research to validate this.???

CWO
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
          Several members have said that beer is a great treatment for UTI.
          I have read no research to validate this.???

CWO
          isn't it true that bugs in the bladder thrive on the yeast that is in beer?
          A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

Comment

too bad that beer has too many calories , lol

hugs,lola , a beer lover
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Comment

UTI and beer

Beer gave me more UTIs, so I stopped all alcohol 22 years ago.
              It probably affects everyone differently. Some people can tolerate it I couldn't.

Comment

Working...
              X