WHOA....Oxybutynin Chloride ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John-
    Has Noah tried Sanctura? I know it's more expensive, but my medicare drug plan DOES pay for it(as did last year's and most of the other ones I've looked at) and it's the only bladder med that does work for me...Ditropan/Ditro XL did NOTHING for me...and I could write a book on scary side effects from Detrol... I'm on a really high dose of Sanctura(actually higher than what most plans "limit" but I somehow get it approved...i dunno how) but it works and I have no evil/unhappy side effects from it...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

What happened to oxybutynin immediate release?

I've been taking immediate release oxybutynin for about 17 years and now it's gone except for some inferior brand, "Qualitest," and no one can tell me why or where to find it. My insurance doesn't cover ditropan xl, and I'm not sure how to take it, since I'm used to controlling my dosage of oxybutynin, taking 2.5mgs 4 times/day. Can anybody help?

My doctor actually had me try "vesicare" which hasn't even been clinically tested on a sci person. That was very disturbing!

Comment

What do you mean its gone? Your insurance has stopped paying for it?

AAD
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by janoparsons View Post
          I've been taking immediate release oxybutynin for about 17 years and now it's gone except for some inferior brand, "Qualitest," and no one can tell me why or where to find it.
          Ortho-McNeil no longer makes Ditropan (as of last October) and a number of companies have stopped making the generic for it. Extended release is the direction companies are going.

C.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Sue. I am currently on 15mg 2x/day of the ER version. My pill label doesn't mention cholride just oxybutynin ER. It is made by TEVA. I have been wanting to cut back so I guess this a good reason to try. My GP thought that my dose was high too. I have terrible dry mouth and the memory thing too, although I am not sure if memory issues are because of family and age instead.

Comment

I switched to oxy C ER a yr ago w/ no side effects.
              www.myquadriplegia.com

Comment

Working...
              X