keeping bowels regular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keeping bowels regular

I have a hard time with this and I dont know why. Sometimes I will go three days without anything. How do I keep them moving? I am on a stool softner and I eat well and drink lots of water. Is there something I am missing? What does everyone do to keep them moving?

I have recently started eating Kashi cereal. Holy gut cleaner outer! I only take Vit C and Ditropan. Lots of fiber and high protien. If I get really backed up I will drink a beer or two or three or four or..... Anyways.

T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Comment

make sure you eat a high in fiber bowl of cereal before you leave the house everyday. fiber foods are good for those little shits. ha ha lol

Josh Stevens
      T6 para as of 7/17/03

"Nobody's perfect...til you fall in love with them!"

Josh S.
      T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Comment

soy milk

Even if your body cannot move, you can still think and meditate ~Dalai Lama~

Comment

Bring It On Out

Most mornings for breakfast I have a soy milk shake with fresh fruit--Strawberries, banana, apple, etc. Blend until frothy. Tastes wonderful and is good for you and your bowel. Keep trying, you'll bring it on. As a great sage said, "Shit Happens."

Comment

WATER, WATER, WATER AND EXCERSISE AND STANDING ISW A HUGE HELP
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

well,I usually go every other day.Sometimes nothing is there but if I have time I sit on the toilet for about half an hour and let gravity do the rest.I also find that melon helps alot and fiber will help bonding those "lil shits".......

Comment

daily metamucil helps out, plus sometimes when I lay down I do a small digital stim just to let the gas out and keep things moving, seems to help out. Like has been said, if you can stand on leg braces that really helps. I also find if things get bad, sleeping on my left side helps out too.

"Life is about how you
                respond to not only the
                challenges you're dealt but
                the challenges you seek...If
                you have no goals, no
                mountains to climb, your
                soul dies".~Liz Fordred
                "Life is about how you
                respond to not only the
                challenges you're dealt but
                the challenges you seek...If
                you have no goals, no
                mountains to climb, your
                soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Thanx for all the suggestions!!!

Comment

Shorty, not sure if you are still following your post, but if so, I have had good results with flax seed oil capsules. I take one every other day, keeps things consistent.
                    good luck

Comment

Where do u buy those? Never heard of em (I live a sheltered life)

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps:

WATER, WATER, WATER AND EXCERSISE AND STANDING ISW A HUGE HELP
                        MUST YOU ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS????? [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Shorty, one things that always cleans me out good is a bowl of Quaker Oat Squares. They are so yummy and by that evening I am ready to go! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X