need help identifying the cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help identifying the cause

Hello. For the past few weeks my boyfriend complained of abdominal pain and excessive gas production. And just today, he told me he had severe pain in the stomach and in his back. He also said he couldn't breathe properly during the pain. But after he took a no. 2, the pain was relieved but it reoccured again but at a lesser degree. I asked him if his stool has blood, but he said there was none. His bowel movement, according to him, is fine. I'm not sure what to make of this. Is he suffering from Irritable Bowel Movement?

Originally posted by whitedove
    Hello. For the past few weeks my boyfriend complained of abdominal pain and excessive gas production. And just today, he told me he had severe pain in the stomach and in his back. He also said he couldn't breathe properly during the pain. But after he took a no. 2, the pain was relieved but it reoccured again but at a lesser degree. I asked him if his stool has blood, but he said there was none. His bowel movement, according to him, is fine. I'm not sure what to make of this. Is he suffering from Irritable Bowel Movement?
    catscan with barium.

Comment

You should check if this happens when he is constipated, which can cause these symptoms. I would first try to time this [pain with his bowel status.

AAD
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I would suggest that you bring him to a doctor if things did not improved.

Comment

Working...
        X