Botox in bladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox in bladder

Can anyone tell me the benefits and risks of using Botox in your bladder? I recently read that if you are still having trouble with accidents after a mitrofanoff surgery, Botox can help. Right now, I'm on 20mg of Ditropan XL to try to reduce the accidents.

Jessie

Botox can relax the muscles of the bladder & help to prevent overactive bladder. It required repeated injections. It helps some, others it does not.The average length of time it works is approximately 2 months.

CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

hi Jessie , It's me Larry again they tried giving me 15 injections of BOTOX but I kept having Bladder spasms that the DR's couldn't stop or control I was on Ditropan and 3 other medications , I don't remember all the names as I am taking 15 medications a day , that last operation was my 23rd and I hope my last good luck to you and I hope you have better luck than I did, I leaked both day and night without warning , it was like a bad dream that wouldn't end , but so far so good on this in the last month ,I still have my bad days where I get very tired and have to take naps but don't leak take care; Larry

Comment

Working...
      X