No announcement yet.

Heterotopic Ossification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J. Burney, welcome to our forums. I removed your personal e-mail address as it is unwise to post this on a public forum. It leaves you open to spam-bots and cyberstalkers. Members can send you a PM or e-mail through the site without seeing your e-mail address.

Have you had tests to determine that your HO is actually mature? Surgery should not be done before then.

If you are also having a flap for a pressure ulcer, you have a lot on your plate right now. It might not be the best time to consider getting married, esp. as this can adversely effect your benefits and medical coverage (unless you have private insurance).

Did you have a formal SCI rehab program at all or did you only go to a nursing home with some therapy?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Hello over there in Metarie, Jerry - Are you still active on this Forum?

Originally posted by JerryF504 View Post
      I had HO also, but mine was more in the knee area. My doctor is in New Orleans so it took awhile for me to get to see him. He put me on Didronel & so far the bone has stopped growing. I'm sure my ROM was affected because when I bend at the knee it doesn't come up as high as it did before the HO, but they do straighten out all the way.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      May I ask, who is a HO *knowledgeable*/experienced doctor in New Orleans, please? We are 'desperately seeking' a knowledgeable physician to treat HO. Over here on Gulf Coast East, most docs respond: "Never heard of it." End of discussion.

Many thanks for any suggestions, please!

Comment

From a previous post, "Kyle Dickson who use to work in New Orleans and was a great
        orthapedic surgon". I don't know his address or phone number, or honestly if he is still practicing, but the people who have used him have been very impressed with him.

CKF
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Hetrotopic Ossification

Oh my gosh I am so happy I have found people talking about this condition. I am 33 years old, and had to have to hip surgery's last year due to a genetic growth on my femur that tore my labrum's. Now, only about 1 year post op I have HO, in both my hips. I live in Northern California, and doctors here don't really see it. I have been looking all over for a good doctor, that know how and when to treat it. I have constant pain, my hip sticks out a little bit and bending over is becoming a challenge. I am a mother of a beautiful 3 year old and running is his game! This, is limiting me but I try not to think about it. I just got referred to UCSF, does anyone know of a good doctor there or somewhere near here? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X