Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best care service on east coast?

Hi there,

My cousin just had a few days ago a C5/4 spinal cord injury in a car accident. He now does not feel his legs and arms. Since sometimes in the province of Quebec, Canada, cares are only so so, what would be one of the best place for him to get treated ASAP on th east coast?

thomas jefferson hospital and magee rehabilitation in philadelphia. kessler in new jersey is supposed to be good also

Comment

Visit this link.

Model Spinal Cord Injury Care Systems

A model SCI center is always the best way to go.

If proximity is important then you can try Burlington, VT. They serve a wide area of Northern NY and New England, are very knowledgable and are a short drive from Quebec. Shoot for a model SCI center first, if possible. They are guaranteed to meet the best standards.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~
      ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Comment

Thanks for your help, it is really appreciated.

Claude

Comment

Bonjour Claude

In Quebec, we have the Institut de Réadaptation de Montréal (I went there)

In Quebec City, there's L'Institut de réadaptation en déficience physique de Québec

It's a lot different today than 18 years ago when i was in réhab ... There were no budget cuts so the care was superbe.

Ciao

Wheelman85
          "WE WILL WALK AGAIN, DON'T GIVE UP HOPE"
          Wheelman85
          C5-C6 SCI --- July 15th, 1985
          "TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME"

Comment

Who should we contact for clinical trials like AIT-082, Nogo, OEG, etc.? Any idea? This kid wants to fight like hell!!!

Comment

Claude -- I copied your request for more clinical trial information to the Cure Forum. You can check there to see if you get a response. PLG
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
              X