Padding in bed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Padding in bed???

When you're in bed (on your back) do you pad off/ put pillows under your ankles/legs to keep your ankles/heels out of contact w/ the mattress?

I have an air mattress and I put two pillows under my legs to "prevent" pressure sores. When I spasm in bed, getting the pillows back in position is a nightmare, and I usually end up in a worse position then when I started i.e. sideways in bed half-falling out of the bed. I have an alternating air pressure Plexus mattress that is great for sleeping but damn near impossible to move around in, there's too much give. I'm wondering if I can forgoe the pillows under my legs while still avoiding any pressure sores...
    Yes
    39.02%
    No
    60.98%
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

I have a pressure relieving mattress and i put a pillow between my knees to avoid redness.

Comment

I also use a pillow between the knees.

Comment

Generally sleep on my back, pillows under heels
        C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Dang. Meant to click "Yes", ended up in the "no" box.
          We pad my wife with a pillow between the knees; she also wears boots.
          - Richard

Comment

I sleep on my side, and I ALWAYS have a pillow under the ankle of my bottom leg, and another pillow between my legs. It's the way I was taught in rehab, and I am happy to stick with it.
            On the odd occasion that the lower leg has moved off the pillow and onto the bed, I have had a really red ankle.

Comment

Working...
            X