Swimming with a SP Cather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swimming with a SP Cather

I would like how many of you that have a SP cather keep the area around the site that your cather goes it at from getting contamated from the bacteria in the water.

swimming pools i think would be bacteria free with all that chlorine, where are you planning on swimming? my local beach is polluted so watch out!
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Comment

I don't do anything different with my SP tube or site when I go swimming.

Comment

Jim is same as the Clipmeister,nothing different, no infections.

Comment

Do you clamp off the tube or wear a bag?

Comment

i plug mine w/ a sharpie cap.....i've had clamps damage the cath, then had to change it

Comment

hi, sorry, but what is a sharpie cap? thx-

Comment

Jim wears the baggie style swimsuit that has net man-briefs inside. I just throw the legbag in there, after emptying it first. Very un-noticable. I tried capping it the first few times but this is easier and didn't limit time in the pool.

Comment

sharpie marker cap....fits perfect

Comment

Are you guys swimming in a pool? I want to go swimming in a creek.

Comment

I had my SP op three weeks ago, the wound is still a bit ouzy but not infected. I was wondering if it would be safe to go in a spa at this stage?

Comment

Pixie, you should probably wait until after your first catheter change which should be coming up soon.

RAB
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                        X