Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic Bullet/Concepts in Confidence

Just so everyone knows-

Concepts in Confidence's (maker of Magic Bullet) website is up and running again.

https://conceptsinconfidence.com/

... [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]...

Thanks! We were beginning to wonder if they had gone out of business!

Comment

At the website earlier, e-mailed I couldn't find "magic bullets"...just checked it again, a statement to the effect of their being out of supply at this time...so now where does one go for them~ anyone?
      "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

I have always ordered mine from Med Ship Direct. I called them and they have a back order from about 2500 people. They said that COC will be sending them out in June but really don't know how many that will be. Unfortunally, COC has the patent on it so we are in their mercy. I'm glad I ordered 100 when I did... Wish I could have bought stock in the CO.
        I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
        Van Morrison

Comment

Has anyone tried these?

"The Rugby company manufactures these bisacodyl suppositories. They are for the relief of temporary constipation. Bisacodyl, in this case a 10mg dose, works as as a stimulant laxative. It stimulates the colon to produce a bowel movement in 1/4 to 1 hour.

These suppositories are also made from hydrogenated vegetable oil. This can help lubricate the rectum and allow firm stool to pass more comfortably.

We would like to include a note to individuals who are on a doctor recommended evacuation schedule. If your doctor has recommended the magic bullet (tm) suppositories you may want to note that this product is very similar. The active ingredients are the same for both products. This product, by Rugby is almost 1/3 the price. A significant bargain.

This box contains 100 suppositories.

$14.99"

http://www.enemasuply.com/rugbissup100.html
          "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

Mary, do u have a link for Med Ship Direct?
            "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

Norm,
              I only have a number 1-800-633-1565
              I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
              Van Morrison

Comment

Norm, these suppositories are the same as Dulcolax or other bisacodyl suppositories (vegetable oil based). They are not the same as the Magic Bullet. Here is information from Concepts in Confidence:

Dulcolax and the other Bisacodyl suppositories have the same active ingredient (10mg Bisacodyl) as The Magic Bullet. The base, or carrier of the active ingredient in the suppository is what makes the different. The Magic Bullet uses a Polyethylene Glycol base which is water-soluble. This base allows the Bisacodyl to be activated by the body's own moisture shortly after insertion. The Dulcolax and other Bisacodyl suppositories use a vegetable oil base. This type of base takes longer to work because it needs time to be melted by the body's heat.
                As noted below, Med Ship Direct does not have Magic Bullets available either. You can call them to check:
                Med Ship Direct
                1-800-633-1565
                2105 Newpoint Place, Suite 600
                Lawrenceville,GA 30046

You can get the compounded Magic Bullets (with a prescription) by contacting Concepts in Confidence directly. Send them an e-mail as the information is not listed on their website.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by teesieme:

At the website earlier, e-mailed I couldn't find "magic bullets"...just checked it again, a statement to the effect of their being out of supply at this time...so now where does one go for them~ anyone?
                  Sheila, mom to chris, C6, 9/04/02
                  Sheila, mom to chris, C6, 9/04/02

Comment

I was able to get an order of the 50 MB compound from conceptsinconfidence.com, thank you for your help everyone, I was getting a bit worried!

As said, I ask for the doc to fax a prescription to Concepts, called a few days later to check on their receiving it, they forwarded it and although I paid to have them sent two day, it was within three days that I received them. Whew! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
                    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

both Bisacodyl and Polyethylene Glycol are otc. why couldnt we make our own? I found a company that sells everything to do it, including the plastic disposable molds or a metal reusable mold. They even have an article explaing how to do it.
                      article one
                      article twy

T-10 complete
                      10/08/01

T-10 complete
                      10/08/01
                      "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Comment

Pat - Interesting 'concept'! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] But I couldn't get your links to work. Wouldn't it be great if we could start our own company - maybe donate the profits to the Cure?

Comment

they are acrobat files. maybe thats why. You can see them at http://www.paddocklabs.com/secundum_artem.html 3:3

T-10 complete
                          10/08/01

T-10 complete
                          10/08/01
                          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to Magic Bullets? I've been using them for years, and now they're nowhere to be found.

Comment

PJT, if you will read back in the messages on this forum you will see that they are out of stock from all suppliers, including Concepts in Confidence, probabaly through August. You can get a compounded version with a prescription (at a higher cost). Contact Concepts in Confidence through their website e-mail to get the information you need on this.

(KLD)
                              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X