No announcement yet.

Question for Doctor or nurses

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question for Doctor or nurses

    I've had severe pain for a long time from my rib cage all the way up to my shoulder and down my arm to my hand. It's getting to the point where I call in sick at work and can't go anywhere. i'm looking at scoliosis surgery and more shoulder surgery but i saw a local ortho. today to try for temporary relief. He x-rayed my neck ansd said it was a mess and is going yto do an epidural (i think) block by injection in my neck. Have gyou heard of it.WR

  • #2
    I would definately get a second opinion from a neurosurgeon before having any neuro blocks done, esp. in the neck. If this is a block, and is done epidurally, there is some risk of getting into respiratory problems or loosing function in your arms. This is not a minor procedure.

    I would also suggest that you consider a re-evaluation at a VA SCI Center for your orthopedic and pain problems. You can choose any VA SCI Center for this does not have to be one that you have already attended.

    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.