Free lasik for Quads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free lasik for Quads

The following was forwarded to me, I haven't looked into it myself...

Focus on Independence is a program in which eye surgeons provide LASIK or vision correction surgery at no charge to quadriplegics.

http://www.spinalcord.org/news.php?d...age=6&list=706
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

That is totally awesome!
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Comment

I just called and they gave me a DR. in new york city i live in P.A. i would be so happy to have this done i am going to look into the DR. first. thanks for the information
      For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

I JUST CALLED AND GOT A APPOINTMENT FOR APRIL 3RD . thanks for info RRRRRRONNNN

Comment

Wow! That is so great!

Anty, I had the surgery. I'm SO happy with the results. I hope it works out for you!

Comment

Anty, what are their inclusion criteria? What all did they ask you?
            ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Hi Steven They Asked-do You Have Trouble Putting Your Glasses On, Cleaning Them, Dropping Them. My Left Hand Is Very Weak So I Have Trouble Putting Them On And I Cant Clean Them At All. They Dont Ask To Many Questions Steven

Comment

I had it done about 3 yrs ago. I am so glad I don't have to wear glasses anymore. I do have to wear reading glasses sometimes but not often. It cost me 2500$. A word of advice........I had BIG time trouble with dry eyes because I was on oxybutine or Detrol which made my eyes dry. I had to go back and see the DR the next day because when I blinked it made my lens or retina what ever they cut move so he put 2 big contact lens in for a few days. They have better ways of doing it since 3 yrs so it might be better. Just though I would share this so you might consider telling the DR in case you have dry eyes. I had the Aug so I don't take the Detrol anymore and don't have dry eyes. But what a great thing to get done. Glasses is a pain in the ars. At night I use to have to put them on take them off to cath.
                Mary
                I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
                Van Morrison

Comment

I sent a request for info on whomever does it in the Baltimore area, so I'll have the name if/when I decide I want the surgery. It's nice of those docs to provide it.
                  Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Updates?

Has anyone that contacted this org. heard anything or been to an appt. yet? I e-mailed them when the thread started but have not heard back. Just wondering is anyone has?
                    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

DEADEYE I have a appt. on april 3rd in new york city. They got back to me right away try again good luck anty

Comment

Thanks Anty. I e-mailed them orginally and I'm sure they'd been swamped with calls and e-mail. I'll call them tomorrow and try to pin them down.

Thanks and keep me posted on what happens. I just had a new friend put a contact back in for me and it took 1/2 hour and resulted in one sore eye!
                        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

There was an article in New Mobility in December's issue. My friend saw it and called right away. He was refered to a doc in Chicago and got the procedure done right away. He loves the results. I posted his article a while ago. http://carecure.org/forum/showthread...ighlight=lasik If you can get to a doc offering it, go for it.
                          jOE
                          www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

I guess they're a lot better on the phone than they are in replying to e-mail! I called today, got a doctor's name and have an appointment on March 22. That's the earliest they could see me since I have to go without my contacts for 2 weeks prior to my exam.

I do have to travel 100+ miles but for this cost, I can certainly handle that! I'll keep you posted.

Comment

I have not gotten a reply to my e-mail yet.
                              Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Working...
                              X