suprapubic stoma site pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suprapubic stoma site pain

I have a constant pain at my suprapubic stoma stoma site. There's no leaking and I have no other UTI type symptons. What is the average catheter size for a suprapubic catheter? I have a 22. Could the pain be a UTI or bladder infection?

Does it look irritated in anyway around the stoma? urine look ok?
    size varies- 22 is pretty average. How large is the baloon? you might try turning the tube. Sometimes it will get stuck or be irritating a particular spot. Time for a replacement?
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

site pain

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
      Does it look irritated in anyway around the stoma? urine look ok?
      size varies- 22 is pretty average. How large is the baloon? you might try turning the tube. Sometimes it will get stuck or be irritating a particular spot. Time for a replacement?
      CWO
      It doesn't look irratated and my urine looks fine. Clear and good output. I have a size 22 now but started 3 months ago with a 18. It due for change 1/5. They want to increase the size to 24 but I don't know about that now.

Comment

Jimi........i have the same problem. when cleaning of the sp stoma area every night i feel very sensitive and sometimes AD symptoms (sweating mostly). it is just really uncomfortable. my sp tube is a 24fr and is changed every 2 weeks. i have used a presceription cream called micalog cream which helps, but i heard you shouldn't use it long term.....
        "The Task Ahead Of You, Is Never As Great As The Power Within You" www.chrisskinner.org

Comment

The 24 would be a smaller diameter, if you are not leaking around the catheter this might be less irritating for you.

CWO
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
          X