h pylora (sp?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h pylora (sp?)

I've had a lot of abdominal pain for a few months now and my doctor has not been able to figure it out. And I've done just about every test out there to figure it out. I ran into my old doctor the other day she mentioned something called h pylora, or something like that. I don't remember exactly how she pronounced it so I may be spelling it completely wrong. But she said it's a bacteria that lives in the stomach and can cause the problems I'm having.

So what is it and where can I get more information about it? I feel like I've been kicked up high in my belly.

H. Pylori is a bacteria that causes some stomach ulcers. read here: http://my.webmd.com/hw/digestive_problems/hw218014.asp

Comment

Here is some additional information. A culture should be used to confirm that you have this before treating it.

helicobacter pylori infections

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X