Found how to get rid of the SP odor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found how to get rid of the SP odor

Someone posted a note about the odor they get with their SP Cat. I had the same problem and finally found the solution. I put 300 cc of white vinegar (diluted 4 parts water to 1 part vinegar) into my cat once a week and the odor is gone.

i tried this with my cat...as a result my arms are covered with scratches and my cat is under my bed and growls at me whenever i get anywhere near it,,,maybe i should have used wine since the cat is well-known for drunken caterwauling....j/k, of course,,,,jeff

Comment

Might want to be careful with the vinegar. Dr. Young or the spinal cord nurse mentioned a while back that pseudomonus(sp) was actually aided by vinegar to grow. I used to clean everything with vinegar, but have since stopped using it completely. Amazing what those bugs can grow in. And even more amazing that a lot of the medical community still uses vinegar.

Comment

I've used vinegar/water solution for years and rarely get uti's. I suppose we are all different. Glad it helped Ken. [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Just joined this topic...
          I have a problem with sp cath and leg bag smelling after a week of it been changed up until it gets changed again. Do you put vinagar inmto your bladder? SCI nurse any suggestions? I don't suffer from UTIs and don't want to start! (have I now jinxed myself do you think?!)

Comment

oh boy

Do you put vinagar inmto your bladder?
            I'm not sure what Ken is "really" meaning when he says "Cat". What I am referring to is placing half water and half vinager into a bottle and rinsing this through my legbag after emptying the urine out of it when changing from leg bag to bed bag at night or vice versa in the morning. I would never put vinegar into my bladder! Do people DO this? [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

leg bag care

Vinegar references in this post are addressing the cleansing of leg bags. CRF
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
              X