Gentamicin storage temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentamicin storage temp?

I have a mini fridge that doesn't get quite as cold as a normal fridge. It gets down to around 44 degrees. It's convenient because I keep it in my bathroom at home and don't have to make a trip to the kitchen. I've been keeping my mixed gent in there but wondered if it was cold enough. I called my pharmacist who said it should be fine. However, I thought I would check here to see if anyone has had a similar situation and the medication lost its effectiveness at that temp?

Not really because I can’t keep mine chilled; it initiates painful spasms in my bladder and often squirts right back out. My Uro told me it was fine for the duration of a single course (which for my script is 5 days) in a room temp dark place, and up to 2 weeks before being completely shot. I don’t keep compounded solution any longer than that. Uncompounded the foil packs I get say keep below 25C, in the dark, with a 4-year shelf life. 1-year for the vials. Nothing about cold storage, really
    "I have great faith in fools; ‘self-confidence’, my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Working...
    X