Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid

I live in the house with three other family members and all three have covid. I'm so lucky. The one with the worst lungs, is the only one that didn't catch it. Another family member came to visit and after they flew home, they called to say they had covid. Within 3 days everyone here has it but me. I'm sure it's because I don't touch everything, but it's still Airborne to. At least everybody here has been vaccinated and boosted.
    Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

If I were you I would be quarantining myself from all of them until they all pass a test. You really really really don't want to get it, fortunately I I haven't had it but anytime I hear anything about it from people who have they say it was awful which leads me to believe it would be 10X worst for us!

Comment

I would take precautions as well, but just to set your mind at ease, I had covid last september during the delta wave and had a mild cold for a few weeks. I have a T6 sci. I have a friend who is a C2-3 and has had it twice and is fine. Vitamin D is your friend. I repeat, Vitamin D is your friend. D3 supplements are cheap. Also, nasal rinses with diluted betadine (1tsp with 3oz of water) if you have been directly exposed work wonders. You can gargle with it too. This info comes from Dr. Peter McCullough, one of the most published cardiologist in America, and an epidemiologist as well.

Comment

• Oddity
        Oddity commented
        Editing a comment
        “dO yOuR oWn rEsEaRCh!!”

LOL. Ok.

It’s also a fact the ABIM is disciplining that joker for being misleading and spreading falsehoods.

Can you provide specifics of the research you’ve conducted?

And I hope that isn’t just a bunch of stuff you’ve read online. Because that isn’t “research”.

Calling that “research” is like calling yourself “a soldier” because you play Call of Duty.

• Oddity
        Oddity commented
        Editing a comment
        For the benefit of the historical record, here is what “Do your own research!” means:

First: One hill that I would die on is anyone’s right to choose their own path. Choices have consequences, though, and I also fully support any establishment’s right to require vaccines or masks for patronage.

Having said that, “Do your own research!” is the siren call of those who have already decided “The Establishment” cannot be trusted (Begging The Question), and who know that “doing your own research” online will invariably lead us to finding concurrent information, being stridently pushed and believed, using very convincing (often logical fallacies, at best, outright B.S. at worst) rhetoric.

You won’t find many folks, who authentically believe in the power of rational (near as objective as humans can get) methods of inquiry (ie scientific method) encouraging folks online to “do their own research.”

One of the greatest benefits of a life and love of learning and pursuits of knowledge (whether formal or autodidactic) is a healthy respect for “knowing what we don’t know”. “Do your own research!” encourages us to ignore what we don’t know in favor of stridently believing things simply because we can imagine they are true, and can find others who agree.

That is a (much) less rational basis for forming strident beliefs than evidence based medicine on the back of the scientific method.
        Last edited by Oddity; Yesterday, 11:08 AM.

• Brad09
        Brad09 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright... I guess we're moving away from facts, of which you obviously didn't read my previous comment because you didn't address the fact the CDC knew for over a year that the adverse reactions of people they were tracking were being under reported and kept from the public. And the fact you are so offended that someone would "do their own research" and follow the advice of all the top epidemiologists from Stanford, Harvard, Yale, Oxford, etc. instead of blindly following what the government medical establishment tells them is just sad. Your advice is working out really well for the people of China right now that are being forced out of their homes and into camps. And that's not when the doors to their apartments are being welded shut so they can't leave and when there is a fire, they just have to burn alive (better than getting covid I guess). I'm sure their government and health officials know whats best for them. You wouldn't want them to do their own research right?

Sooner or later your gona get it. I had 3 shots and the 3rd shot will be my last. Really bad side effects that lasted for 9 months. Now low cholesterol is bad for you i just herd. Hell they can't get anything right. Before my 3 covid shots it was 176. Now its 130. Plus a few other things were slighty off. I had perfect blood work before. No more for me. Most people I know never had any shots because they don't believe in our system anymore. You don't know the side effects long term why my son and his family did not get the shots. 3 of them got it my son has not as yet. When its your time its your time. At 47 years in and my shoulders killing me anytime is ok with me at 70.......lol Don't pm me with crap about it either. It is JMO.
      Art

Comment

I ended up catching covid about 12 days ago. I have been vaccinated and boosted. I got lucky and all I had was a sore throat. I wouldn't even have tested myself other than everybody in the house had it. I feel fine now, but I just did a home test 5 minutes ago and it still shows positive. I don't know if that means I'm still contagious or not. But I have nothing scheduled so I won't be going anywhere just in case. I'm so grateful all I had was sore throat.
        Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

Comment

Working...
        X