Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SP time between changes

Hey all,

Sometimes with my SP cath, for whatever reason towards the end of a month it will become very uncomfortable and I will have to change it.

Other times (maybe I'm drinking more or some other reason) it feels fantastic, meaning I can't feel it at all, as much as 6 or 7 weeks in.

Is keeping the same SP for 6 weeks considered higher risk for anything like infections or other problems? Should I change it at 4 weeks regardless of how it feels?

Thank you very much in advance,

Bumping because I don't think the 'new post' page was working properly..

Comment

I'd like to know as well. I've gone 6 weeks before chickening out and changing it.
      Medicare provides only 12/year and when I need to take a sterile sample, it screws the pooch!
      So I run them longer to get by on 12/year, and developing a buffer of inventory.
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

Will Medicare only pay 12/yr when I’m purchasing them out of pocket? Now I have home health and they change every 2 weeks and provide all supplies. Tia for help

Comment

I purchase mine. I have no idea if I can get them from insurance. I'm sure I can. But I buy them from an online medical supply store and they cost about $1 each. So they literally cost $12 for the entire year. Let's call it $15 for the year in case I need a couple of extras.

I'm much more concerned about the health aspects of leaving them in for 6 weeks to 2 months. Changing these things is not the most pleasant experience in the world. If I could get away with going a year without changing it I probably would

Comment

It's not that it's so yucky to do; I'm just sick and tired of the time I spend taking care of this old corrupted body!
            How nice it would be to jump out of bed, piss, and throw my clothes on, start day!
            69yo male T12 complete since 1995
            NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
              It's not that it's so yucky to do; I'm just sick and tired of the time I spend taking care of this old corrupted body!
              How nice it would be to jump out of bed, piss, and throw my clothes on, start day!
              I think that's a dream everyone on this website shares with you

Comment

Working...
              X