Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sympathy Loss of Sensation?

Hello!

I have a question about sympathy ‘pain’ but in reverse.

Is it possible for someone to experience loss of sensation due to sympathy? My wife can feel my pain but recently has loss of sensation like me. Is that possible??
    Never Give Up!

This is conceivable but she should visit her doctor. She might have her own problem.

Comment

Like one twin feeling the pain of the other or couples that have been together so long they resemble each other. The mind & love are strange things. No doubt she should see a doc.
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
      Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

There’s something called Conversion Disorder where people can have all sorts of neurologic symptoms (paralysis, blindness, tremor, seizure like activity) for psychologic reasons.

I’m definitely not saying that’s what your wife is experiencing and even if it is the first course of action to confirm the diagnosis is a thorough neurologic evaluation.

Comment

While it is psychological possible, it is not physically possible to feel exactly as you feel pain or sensation. And I don’t know who would want to. But.. this is a complex issue. I think she should get it checked out. My husband is an identical twin and he doesn’t feel his brothers pain , thoughts, or anything of his twins. Anything is possible but I would have it checked out. And if it is possible, it should be published in a journal etc.. CWO
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
          X