Abdomen Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abdomen Pain

So last Thursday I woke up to my top left abdomen spasming every time I would lean my head forward just slightly. It would stop if I learned my head back. Then Friday I took Tylenol in the afternoon for a headache and it went away. Then from Saturday until now it just squeezes hard once and then let's go when I lean my head forward slightly. It doesn't spasm like 5 times and then stop like it did Thursday. It causes my rib to hurt even though they tell me I shouldn't feel that area. I thought it might just be a muscle problem but it's been harder to have bowel movements every day.

You need to use Enemeez or a suppository to empty stool in colon. Are you on stool softeners? What does your stool look like? If hard, dry or lumpy you need to increase stool softeners. Take a laxative. This could be the cause or even a UTI. Add more fiber and water to your diet. CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• jordan21105
      jordan21105 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a suppository and have never had a problem. I had a normal bowl movement the day before this all started. Will check about the UTI. Worried it might be a hernia.

Probably not a hernia. I have spasms like that but I don’t have a true SCI-just bad discs in neck and back and old age. If won’t go away or is longer, try using muscle cream with menthol or such to relax it. I use diclofenac which is an anti inflammatory-not sure if medicine helps or just the massaging. If continues can get abdominal plain c-ray-KUB to check it out. CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Xray-typo error. CWO

Comment

Working...
      X