Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have external Haemorrhoid Hemorrhoid banded removed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have external Haemorrhoid Hemorrhoid banded removed ?

Hi

I have had internal Haemorrhoids Hemorrhoids banded successfully and recovered just fine.

I feel like the external ones are causing me more pain... has anyone had external ones successfully banded removed ?

What was the recovery like?

Thanks for any insight.

I've been putting up with hemorrhoid hell on and off for years. I'm sure they don't tie externals. The only relief I get is my home brewed mix. Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner, 100% Natural, 16 Ounce, and a bag of Xanthan Gum (8 oz) at Amazon. You pour 3 0r 4 oz. of witch hazel and slowly add the appropriate amount of Xanthan until it gels. I told my caregiver as soon as they appear plaster it on. BTW I'm sure you know diet is key. You can't eat pizza and burgers every day without paying the consequences.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Comment

Your stool should be formed but no lumps or hardness. Stool softeners and diet should be taken as well as diet and a lot of fluid-hemorrhoids are caused by straining/constipation/harder stools. CWO
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thank you for the responses...

Trouble is I now have them and they are insanely painful. I can put lidocaine on them and have a few hours of relief but the lidocaine wears off pretty quickly, and constant use of lidocaine is frowned upon apparently! I had the internal ones banded and that really helped and healed up just fine, but now I am left with the external ones so trying to figure my options !

I'm eating 4 tablespoons (60 ml) of psyllium husk a day, and drink plenty of fluids.

I would say constant digital stimultion and sitting down all day is more my issue.

Any insights gratefully received

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	c3e62b76-1dee-494f-a2b0-c989a58af715.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.9 KB ID:	2916602
          Banding is a treatment used for both internal and external hemorrhoids. Other office procedures include laser or infrared coagulation, sclerotherapy, and cryosurgery. They all work on the same principle as rubber band ligation but are not quite as effective in preventing recurrence. Banding can cause AD, so it is important to monitor for that during the procedure and for 1-2 days afterwards. It is best to do a pretty good bowel prep before banding so that you don't have to do bowel care for at least 4-5 days after the procedure.

Click image for larger version  Name:	e2b4d899-5c3b-4b49-ba51-ef3df40ba8c6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	2916604
          (KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Do you have any experience with para's having external banding?
            How was the recovery? in say comparison to the internal banding?

I had internal banding and it was fine, recovered just fine.. a little AD but nothing too terrible.
            The internal banding worked well for me.

Thank you

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Click image for larger version Name:	c3e62b76-1dee-494f-a2b0-c989a58af715.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.9 KB ID:	2916602
            Banding is a treatment used for both internal and external hemorrhoids. Other office procedures include laser or infrared coagulation, sclerotherapy, and cryosurgery. They all work on the same principle as rubber band ligation but are not quite as effective in preventing recurrence. Banding can cause AD, so it is important to monitor for that during the procedure and for 1-2 days afterwards. It is best to do a pretty good bowel prep before banding so that you don't have to do bowel care for at least 4-5 days after the procedure.

Click image for larger version Name:	e2b4d899-5c3b-4b49-ba51-ef3df40ba8c6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	2916604
            (KLD)

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
              SCI-Nurse commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, many with both paraplegic and tetraplegic injuries had banding for both internal and external hemorroids on our unit. Keep in mind that those with paraplegia with injuries at or above T7 are also at risk for AD. (KLD)

Thank you that is reassuring.

Any different advice for recovery from the external banding as compared to the internal banding?

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
            Do you have any experience with para's having external banding?
            How was the recovery? in say comparison to the internal banding?

I had internal banding and it was fine, recovered just fine.. a little AD but nothing too terrible.
            The internal banding worked well for me.

Thank you

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
              SCI-Nurse commented
              Editing a comment
              No real difference, although it is good to avoid sitting for long periods with the externals until the hemorrhoid falls off. (KLD)
          Working...
          X